{8: Potions}

Stepping into class, I was about to make my way to my table, until I noticed everyone gathered in front of the door. So I slipped beside Pansy, but she pushed me to her other side, where Mattheo made me stand in front of him while he sat on a desk. He wrapped his arms around my waist, even though we both knew that Joe wasn't in our Potions class. But that Ravenclaw girl was.

"Alright," Snape sighed. "You were supposed to do this last year, but you didn't, so this year we have to do it. Here are three potions," he said, gesturing to three cauldrons, "Does anyone know which potions they are?"

Hermione stuck her hand up. "The one on the left is a Forgetful potion, sir. And the one in the middle is a Polijuice potion."

He nodded. "Good, snob."

Glaring at him, I felt like throwing him with my wand. Then, I moved my eyes to the last potion. Oh that's easy. I stuck my hand in the air, and even Pansy's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes, Miss Rogers?"

"That's a love potion, sir. Known as Amortentia."

His eyes rose is shock. "That is oddly correct, Miss Rogers."

Then I frowned. How did I know that???

"Since you're so smart, explain the potion."

And like I knew it all my life, I proceeded. "Amortentia was the most powerful love potion in existence. It caused a powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker. It smells like what attracts you most."

"Would you like to smell it, Miss Rogers." It was more if an order than an offer.

The children in front of me split like the red sea, and I proceeded my way to the table.

"It smells like," I took a sniff, "White chocolate and... smoke?"

Immediately I took a step back, before looking at Professor Snape. He nodded, allowing me to go back to the group. When I did, I stepped in front of Mattheo again.

He leaned down, whispering: "what did you smell?"

I lightly turned my head towards him. "Uh... Candles and white chocolate."

"Joe's favorite, huh?"

I went silent, looking forward. I nodded. He then unexpectedly tightened his arms around my waist, pulling me tighter.

Smoke? Joe never smoked! He doesn't like smoke! He doesn't even like candels, Rachel!