{7: New}

I don't know how I felt the next morning. I mean, I was glad that I stood a chance of getting Joe back, but a huge part of me didn't even feel bad for how I was doing it.

So, I took my time getting up and getting in the shower. I took my time getting dressed. I took my time doing my hair.

Everyday I did similar hairstyles, because Joe loved it when I had my hair tied yet still in a single ponytail and lose-looking; but never different.

And today I wanted it different.

When I made my way down the stairs to the common room, I realized that I was wearing a dress. One I took from Astoria's closet; but she wouldn't mind. I never wore dresses.

"Morning princess."

Suddenly I received a kiss on my temple, before even seeing Mattheo beside me.

I smiled, looking at him. "Morning."

I saw his eyes trail down my body. He was surely surprised to see me in a dress, and I knew everyone else would also be. Then, his eyes fell onto my hair. Braids. Two braids that lead to two ponytails on my head, where I tied them into little pigtails. It somehow made him smile.

"This is new," he said, meeting my eyes again. "I like it."

I smiled, looking around the room. Surely many eyes were on us. Well, Mattheo and I never really got along. We'd argue, and / or ignore the other completely. He'd always try being something other than a prick, but he'd fail in his attempt to make a joke.

"Shall we?" he asked, slipping his hand into mine.

I smiled, nodding. "Breakfast?"

-----

Mattheo left me and vanished with Draco and Alex. He left me with Pansy, Astoria, and a bunch of questions from them both. I sighed, answering as far as I could.

Mattheo and I came to an agreement.
'He confessed his feelings at the party, and weeks later he confirmed them. I wanted to try new things, to see if maybe it could help me have a life other than Joe, so I agreed to date him.'

Of course, that was what Mattheo explained without letting me come up with a stupid excuse.

Yet, Mattheo didn't even think before explaining all that.

After breakfast, I made my way back to the dorm. I wanted to stay in and draw or something, instead of being outside with the others.

I was sure that Mattheo would be out smoking with Draco and Alex anyways. So I didn't think I'd find him in my dorm. Wrong.

He was already there when I arrived, sitting in front of my bed, on the cold floor, against the foot of the bed.

"I thought you were out smoking," I admitted.

He shrugged, his one knee in the air. His jeans were ripped, and I knew he cut them himself.

"I did, but then I came here."

I nodded, frowning. "Right. Why?"

He chuckled. "Because I wanted to visit you."

I giggled to hide my confusion. "Riddle, this is fake, remember? No need to do check-ups. No need to act in love behind closed doors."

He nodded, smiling. "I know. I just don't care."

Don't care? You never care, Riddle.

"Alright," I said, walking passed him, before sitting down on my bed. "Stay as long as you like. Just don't bother me."

I felt him nod. "I will do so, princess."

-----

He had been awfully quiet. Very quiet. I dropped my book down, looking at the end of my bed, but his head didn't show. It concerned me, really.

"I'm still here."

I sighed. "I wasn't wondering," I lied.

He chuckled. "Don't worry. I'm still here."

I turned my head to look at the time on Pansy's bedside table. Quarter to one. Lunch.

Time had passed quicker, and somehow, I wasn't surprised. I got off my bed, straightened out the dress, and walked passed Mattheo to my closet, having to step over his leg. He had nothing with him. Not a book, or even something to fidget with. What had he been doing for the last four hours?

"Lunch?" He questioned.

I nodded, slipping a denom jacket from my closet. Then I looked at it. No... it didn't feel right. I had nothing else, so I just hung it back up and walked to Mattheo, who had found his way to his feet already.

"You didn't have to stay, you know," I said as we walked down the dormitory stairs.

He shrugged. "I know."

I forced down my laugh, but a soft giggle left my lips. "Okay then," I said as we walked through the common room.

When we walked into the great hall for lunch, many eyes suddenly fell onto us. Hand-in-hand we walked to our seats, before sitting down with our backs to the wall. I even saw Hermione and Ginny looking at us in confusion.

Was breakfast that empty? I didn't even notice.

As we ate, I couldn't help but have my eyes wonder. They drifted to the table on the other side of the Great Hall  and to my surprise, Joe was looking me, and Mattheo. When his eyes met mine, I looked down at my food, not even having the appetite for it anymore.

Then I felt Mattheo's hand move onto my leg. I froze. I looked at it, seeing it at an appropriate place, yet I was surprised. I didn't know he ment this type of romance. Alright...