Announcement

'My Treacherous Marriage' is finally complete!

The book will be published on April 30, 2022 on Amazon!
Available now for pre-order!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YJ6DJ95

Mark your calendars for this event!

In the meanwhile, enjoy this juicy excerpt!___________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________

The following week, we moved into our new apartment with much fanfare. It was on the first floor of a newly built apartment complex. It had 3 bedrooms which were each large in their own right. Everything about the house was huge. An extremely expensive gift from the parents. It was also close to the company, which was a bonus.

Vignesh and I decided to end our insanely long honeymoon. Appa and Veda Uncle gave us permission to take as much time off as we needed but wedded bliss was getting on our nerves. We started fighting over everything and needed some much-required distraction.

Atharva and Lakshay were hardly ever around. They were busy working and dropped by for dinner some nights. Vishwa stayed over a lot. As a social worker, his work was based in Chennai, but occasionally he had to go away for weeks on end in certain situations. He had normal working hours, unlike Atharva and Lakshay.

Going back to work soothed an anxious part of my soul. The familiar comfort of the job, putting out fires, arguing with Vignesh, albeit with a little less intensity was great! It also helped that Vignesh scheduled afternoon meetings with me which naturally devolved into debauchery. I was seeing my office in a whole new light these days.

Since I spent most of my time at the office, Atharva took a page from Vignesh's book and scheduled a few 'private' meetings. Lakshay was the only polite gentleman who didn't prefer defiling the office. He was much more classy and preferred to take me to restaurants that were further away. We didn't want anyone to wonder why I was having a candlelit dinner with my brother-in-law.

Lakshay moved out of his parents' house. He bought the apartment above ours, much to Vignesh's dismay.

Not one to be left out, Atharva bought the penthouse suite of the building. His excuse? It was easier to get to work, and real estate was a prime investment right now.

The entire building was now owned by the Gyanaguru brothers. If only I understood what was going on, it would be great.

My relationship with the guys was taking a life of its own. Sundays were my days to unwind. The other days were divided between the guys.

My things were scattered all over the three floors, and it was annoying to locate any item. I had to start a 'Lost and Found' text group, so I could find where I misplaced my laptop or my phone charger. The guys found it funny but humored me when I lost my shit after losing my favorite shirt. Vishwa was the only one who quietly pointed out that I was wearing the shirt in question. There was a reason I didn't prefer mornings.