第四章

“Sugoi, this place is huge, and so seemingly free.” Goldenrod said. “Yeah, just wait till the training fights and other training measures.” A thin man with a scraggly beard said. Goldenrod jumped back in fright. “Oh, sorry, my name’s Jason, son of Thor, I didn’t mean to scare you.” The man said. “It’s fine, by the way, who is Thor?” Goldenrod asked. “What?! You don’t know the Norse god of thunder? Guess you aren’t part of the Norse pantheon kids. In fact, if I had to guess, you’re part of the Japanese pantheon kids. Come on, I’ll show you the way to your bunk.” Jason said. "Oh my God, so much competition." Horai said. "I wouldn't think of them that way..." said Gold. "Oh hey, I was just about to lead this junior to her cabin, do you need some help? I see Isis, Set and unspecified. Feri, I've got a daughter of Isis for you." A skinny man with a scraggly beard said. "Another daughter of Isis, jeez, she must have been busy." said a little girl. "Anyway, I'm Freya, come with me." She pulled Horai behind her. "Anyway, since both of you are undecided and we don't have a booth for Set, you should stay in bed together for a while." The man continued. "Are you going to be okay?" Gold asked. “Of course, she will go to her half-brother and sister’s hut.” The man continued. "Anyway, here we go, Loki's cabin, try not to get too close to these guys, alright." said the man, standing in front of a large wooden hut. "Welcome to Loki's cabin, I'll welcome you, but my last joke didn't work out well." said a girl in a far alcove. The tan girl stifled laughter. “Ah, we may have another child of Loki that has yet to be recognized.” "I'm kidding, I've already reported your predicaments. I hope my cabin companions don't frighten you," laughed the girl in bed. "So what's your name?“ asked Gera when they were sure the girl who was sick was asleep. “Goldenrod Jishounai, yours?” Goldenrod replied. “My name is Gera Konya and this is Gold Haifa.” said Gera.  “I've been scouring the camp looking for bodies capable of helping, do you mind?” a young boy said, entering the cabin “I am new here, but I will help you,” said Goldenrod. “As will we.” Gold and Gera said in unison. “Thanks, I don’t wish to put the new campers at risk if I can help.” said the boy. A horn was heard and the girl in the bed was suddenly erect on crutches, walking beside her out the door. “They decided to make it a hunt, whoever gets it first wins a bag of the Northern Divisions signature coin.” said the boy. Goldenrod flew out the door, almost knocking the boy. “Jeez, you must be crazy, a dire wolf is not something you can beat with one person.” The boy muttered. Gold and Gera exchanged a glance and then rushed out the door. “Hey, you even know the basics of what a dire wolf can do?” Gold asked, and ran alongside Goldenrod. “Listen, I almost died at the hands of a creature I should have gotten my house court advantage against, I don’t intend to be in that position again.” Goldenrod replied. Suddenly she stopped, "Quiet, something big moving forward." She said. As the three moved forward they could hear the clash of  weapons on hardened flesh.   Goldenrod flipped the cap of a quill, unfurling it into a katana.Ahead was the sound of weapons on flesh.Gold clutched the scarab necklace, which suddenly turned into a dagger, and Jira pulled her Khopesh from the folds of her clothes. Then the screams started, followed by several long, mournful blasts from the horn.”What the hell, I thought it was just a wolf.” Jira said, noticing the giant bull flinging campers here and there. “If you’re looking for an opening, it’s not going to happen.” a voice to the side of the group said. Goldenrod flung herself out of the brush and began swinging her katana in grand flourishes." " O quam stultus." the slime said, following the girl back to where the dire wolf and bull were rampaging. “Do you know the stupidity of this?” The slime asked Goldenrod. “Just don’t get in my way.” Goldenrod said. The slime shook its head. Goldenrod was brave, but not entirely stupid.