第五章

“This thing’s hide is too strong.” Goldenrod said. “A dire bull is not something you can kill by cutting its skin, we need a way to get it’s mouth open.” The slime said. “Apparently a dire wolf is much the same.” Goldenrod said, blocking a fierce blow from the dire wolf, which was directed towards Gera. “And how do you suppose we do that? Actually, I have an idea.” Goldenrod said, rushing forward the giant bull. Suddenly she was a constrictor serpent, tightening it’s grip  around the bull’s abdomen. “We need to aggravate this thing, if it’s mouth is a vulnerability, then angering it enough to get it to try to bite one of us is optimal.” Gera said, Gold nodded her approval. “Nice one.” The slime said, becoming a blur as it flashed a blade into the gaping maw gasping for air. The dire bull collapsed and the constrictor slid off, returning to her original state.  “If you are finished with that thing, we could use a hand over here.” Gold said as the wolf sliced a hole in the bandages around her left eye. Suddenly a dark red light issued from the hole in the bandages. “That was a mistake.” Gold said, plunging her dagger deep into the wolf’s hide, seemingly oblivious to the hide’s toughness.  The wolf yelped once and fell to the ground.  Several baritone blasts issued from the nordic section of the camp, and it’s inhabitants rushed into the clearing, hooting and hollering in joy. “I can’t, it took too much out of me.” Goldenrod said, passing out. Across the clearing, Gold clutched her left eye, her hand bloody as she held pressure to it. “Do you lunatics have medics?” The slime yelled over the joyous Nords. “Oh, no, no, no. I forgot these guys were new to camp, Freya come here please.” Jason said, his voice somehow reaching over the dieing down hollering of the Nords. “I recognise this place, it’s Mt. Fiji. I’ve never been this far up though.” Goldenrod said, looking at her surroundings. “Glad you recognise this dream. “ A girl similar to Gold said.  “Who are you? You look like Gold.” Goldenrod said.  “Hmm, I suppose I would look different in my dreamstate than I do outside it. What am I doing in someone else’s dream while still in mine?” Gold said, her crimson eye visible more than it was with all the bandages. *The pantheons are in disarray, a valuable item was stolen from it’s rightful place.  The Dragons Vial was the one thing the Chinese dragon deities cherished more than anything else, it contained their memory, keeping them present even in modern days.* A voice said. A beautiful woman with the ears and tail of a fox walked out from behind the trees in front of them. “A kitsune spirit.” Goldenrod exclaimed, falling to her hands and knees to bow to the women. “There is no need for that child, I come only to inform.” The woman said, a look of relief appearing on her face when Goldenrod stood up. “You know her, your relief when she stood up was pretty evident.” Gold noted. “It makes sense that you would catch onto that, your bullie comes from Japan originally. Before I elaborate, a prophecy needs to be said. Four will go in search of the vial, China, Japan and Egypt together will prevail, treachery lurks around the corner, ancient beasts will roam the earth and the devourer will awaken.” The woman chanted. “I am sorry I can not elaborate the prophecy, but I can tell you something else. I will ask my daughter to free me from my prison while searching for the vial.” The woman said, slowly dissipating into nothingness. Suddenly the mountain was distorted, twisting violently as a pillar of smoke rose from it’s top. *I will wake mortals, when I do, others will follow, you humans and deities’ have lived for too long without us, we will bring an end to that.* A voice bellowed, a singular shadowy eye appeared in the smoke, and both Gold and Goldenrod fell into a sudden fissure, soon swallowed by it’s darkness. “Thank goodness you two are up, you’ve been tossing and turning enough to make us concerned.” A voice said. “Yeah, and you made it even worse when you started muttering.” Another voice said, followed by a sharp intake of air. “You two need to get up, the camp directors have given us permission to follow the instructions in your dreams, also please don’t ask how I knew about your dreams.” The same voice from the clearing said. “Kind of hard not to, a being regarded as a deity visited two new campers and gave them a prophecy, but hey, I could use an outing.” Another voice said.