(1) The Blonde Foreigner With The Heart Of Gold

T

The stars seem cold. Like they're plastered onto an endless canvas of infinite possibilities far beyond one's reach. Every little pulse of their blinding gaze seems like a roadblock to a future I can't understand.

Thoma reached his hand out, a cold wind brushing past his skin, dimly lit by a light behind him. He gripped the rail of the balcony, as he felt his eyes overfill with tears, streaming down his cheeks.

He sighed.

Why can't I ever understand you? Why are you so... Far away from me?

"Thoma? My brother is calling you to his office room, are you busy?" He heard the Madame's voice behind him. The sudden sound in what seemed like an infinity in silence shook him, he felt a shiver run down his spine, as if the reality of the situation came crashing down on his shoulders. He let his grip loose as he stepped away from the handle, his back straight in an attempt to collect his mess of a being, and turned around. A small grin plastered on his face, failing to adjust to his red, puffy eyes.

"Right away, ma'am"

Why am I the one questioning you?

━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━

A cup gently clanked as it came into contact with a porcelain plate. "The Kamisato family is looking for a maid?" Thoma raised his eyes up from his orange half-finished honey citrus mint tea, keeping the cup in his hands as they warmed up.

It was a day like any other in the small local café. The tasty, yet slightly expensive drinks always seemed to welcome Thoma with open arms the moment he seemed lost in thought. It was the perfect space to spend his time, away from the busy streets of the city and the cold stares from the locals. Though this time, he wasn't alone.

A shorter in height and slimmer in build male sitting across the café table, his body laying on the top while keeping his head up to look at his phone, his long blond hair being kept back by a dark denim cap. Eyes fixated on the screen, he mumbled. "That's what it's saying at least, look-" He gently gripped the phone with his fingertips and turned it towards Thoma.

He ran his eyes through the simple advertisement, bold letters exclaiming NOW HIRING HOUSEWORKERS, PRICE PER HOUR NEGIOTABLE along side a subtle company name Kamisato Inc. with a bunch of bullet points bellow it.

Thoma stared at the advertisement, until a swift movement brought him back to his senses for the phone was yanked back. All he could see is the back of the clear case containing a polaroid picture of a similarly blonde girl. The guy, Aether, chuckled. "You think I'm joking, huh?" a cheeky grin formed with his lips as he swiped the advert away.

Thoma shook his head. "Nono, I believe you. Why would it be a joke?" He waved his hand around and raised the cup up to his lips. Despite taking small sips every time, the beverage was too hot to fully enjoy.

Aether shrugged, his frail body getting comfortable on the table, completely disregarding proper social etiquette. Even his iced latte, which had the ice cubes fully melt and mix with the coffee, looked abandoned. "April fools maybe?" He murmured.

Thoma placed the cup back down, it now being nearly finished, only a few sugars and lemon slices left behind. An audable laugh came out of him, echoing in the half empty café as it played over pop songs from the radio. "Isn't it the middle of July? " He snorted, wiping a small tear forming along his eye as he looked at the latter.

Aether played along, chuckling at the ridiculousness of his statement. "That's why I said dunno" He sighed, finally sitting up straight and stretching his arms out with a yawn. His chest puffing up, he let out another sigh. "If you're interested, I could send you the contacts" He threw his phone on the table, disregarding the fact that it could get damaged. "I know you're looking for a job right now"