(END) Hold Me Tight, Dearest.

CW // NSFW and for educational purposes, most of this is unsafe and highly fictionalized.

A full day, from the sun shining ever so lovingly above their heads, 'till it dawning over the horizon, completely slipped past the two men's eyes. As though lost in a trance while holding one another's hand, Thoma and Ayato made it out of their way to make it a memorable one.

"The Komore teahouse offers a wide selection of traditional beverages." The commissioner would say with a glow in his eyes. Enthusiastically, but reserved as he was used to, he'd continue offering Thoma countless herbs to try out, claiming all of them were on him.

"Isn't this too expensive?" He'd mumble, his face flushed a pretty crimson at the sight of all the cups laid in front of him, all reeking of money and wealth. But all of his concerns would be swept under the rug by Ayato's ever-so-caring eyes glazing over him. He got off from spoiling him and especially enjoyed seeing him uncomfortably s

Even after the teahouse, when the two of them had a stroll around Inazuma city, Thoma couldn't rest. Pedestrians' eyes were gazing upon the spectacle that was Ayato, taking in his rare public appearance as a blessing. He'd grit his teeth at all the people gawking over him, practically devouring his image like starved animals.

But once again, his blood would flow calmly once more, as Ayato, in front of every witness, pulled his hand close. Unafraid of his reputation, unafraid of the cost. For the title of the commissioner himself, he had no shame in showing off Thoma as his. Like a trophy in front of every drooling pedestrian, he shamelessly bragged about his win to the city, nurtured by the Raiden Shoguns' mighty hand.

"Ayaka is a natural when charming the people." Ayato would say as they made their way towards the glowing festival located on Amakane island, gleaming with fireworks and lights, people in a variety of festive kimonos and attractions beyond one's comprehension. And their eyes would gladfully feast on the star of the show; miss Kamisato Ayaka, dutifully reserved, yet fully engrossed in the wonders that the island provided.

Even alcohol couldn't have been avoided. At a stall, Thoma had no idea was even allowed in places like these, was a sake stand, inviting bypasses to pay for a sakazuki of sake, each down costing more than the last one. Whether it was an easy way to earn money and maintain orderly peace in the festival was beyond Thomas's area of care. It was the commissioner who enthusiastically offered to pay for four tries, two for each man.

"You deserve a break." He'd excuse this generous act, but though Thoma ignored it, he knew it was just his reasoning to let himself get a drink too. None of that did he object to, for it was a moment and a pure reason for them to get closer. And with the dawning sun and the illuminated light of the fireworks crackling in the sky, the two men take it as their sign to cut their day to a close.

Neither of the men said a single word while entering the estate. They had the entire day handed to them into their palms, and they spent every second with each other. But neither of them was ready to let go.

As they entered the vacant mansion, completely void of life rustling in its walls, Ayato, who'd been dutifully taking the lead in making sure Thoma had no problems walking, turned his gaze towards his lover. "Shall I escort you to your room?" He offered, though even a fool could detect the unwillingness he said it in.

Giving himself just a spare moment to think, Thoma clenched Ayato's hand. "May I spend some more time with you?" Though awkwardly, he mumbled. It was all but a simply innocent request, but the blonde had his face covered in a very visible blush.

Ayato blinked. Whether he knew what Thoma alluded to or was oblivious to it was unclear, for his face was plastered with a blank slate of an expression. "Aren't you tired? You should get some rest." He uttered an automatic response like it was written in his system to avoid any advances.