Chapter 21: Predestined Hatred

Black and white, it was all that she could see.

No, there was also the crimson color of the blood spread everywhere, framing and highlighting the bodies of black flames and white lightning.

She called out for them, shouted at them stop as her tears ran down her cheeks. Unfortunately, all of the girl's pleas were drowned by the crackle of the fire and the rumble of the thunder.

Their relentless charges continued regardless of the girl's desperate attempts. Little by little, the black and white was being replaced by red.

"Stop..." Sakura cried as she fell to her knees, unable to watch the scene before her any longer. They were shouting now as well, but the pink haired girl didn't know if it was because of pain or anger. "Sasuke-kun... Naruto..."

The girl could feel the heat from the blonde's flames and hear the charging of the raven haired boy's lightning as the two boys attacked each other with all the intention to kill their opponent.

How it had come to this, she did not know, neither was she aware of any way in which she could stop her teammates' actions. "Sasuke-kun, Naruto, please stop..." She begged them between sobs, but was still ignored.

Suddenly, a deafening explosion went off somewhere in front of the kunoichi.

Her heart stopped as her eyes widened in dread. She could feel the rough debris blowing past her form, rubbing against her body like sandpaper. Slowly, Sakura looked up. "No..." Through her tear stained eyes the girl could see the smoking crater where her teammates had been and no trace of black or white left. "NO!"

Sakura woke up with a start and immediately look at her surroundings. She was in one of the white, very white rooms of Konoha's hospital seating beside the bed. "Oh... It's Sasuke-kun's room..." The pink haired girl realized as her gaze fell on the still unresponsive Uchiha laying just a about a foot from her.

The kunoichi had come to visit her teammate the day before, something which had become almost a routine during the last month, and after once again convincing the nurse on duty to let her stay pass visiting hours, she had ended up falling asleep and dreaming about her teammates.

Inside her chest, Sakura's heart speeded off once again at the memory of her dream, of her nightmare.

The images of Sasuke and Naruto trying to kill each other had being terribly vivid in the girl's mind, she could still fill the explosions thundering in her ears, and she could have sworn that she had smelled her teammates' skin burning by fire and lightning.

Sighing, the pink haired girl tried to grip her heart through her chest. It had not being the first time she had a dream like that. Ever since the Forest of Death when she witnessed how Sasuke and Naruto went as far as to use lethal force against each other, Sakura had being worried that things would violently escalate between the two boys once again, and ever since Naruto had left, the nightmares had returned.

"But Sasuke-kun said that he will not be seeking a fight with Naruto anytime soon..." The girl reasoned as she remembered the raven haired genin's words. "Well... He said that they will fight someday, but not like in that nightmare." Her gazed regarded the sleeping Uchiha intensely.

"We will still be Team Seven..." Sasuke voice echoed inside of her. "We will still be friends."

The kunoichi gripped her heart tighter. "Please..." She asked whoever was in charge of Team Seven's fate. "That's all I ask..." Sakura pleaded as he closed her eyes tightly in an effort for her wish to be heard.

"Please tell me you haven't secluded yourself in this hospital during all the time I was gone." The pink haired genin's head whipped around at the sound of the familiar voice.