Chapter 32: Ominous Star

Dust and dirt rushed into her lungs as she gasped causing her to cough violently while she struggle for air.

Trying to regain so composure, the girl found herself lying on the floor on her side. The cloud of dust that had risen up prevented the girl from being able to discern her surroundings, but once the debris started to settle back down, purple colored eyes caught sight of heaps upon heaps of broken pieces of wood and twisted metal poles.

A grunting sound caught the girl's attention, making her look up. Purple eyes widened at the sight of crimson red. "No..." She whispered.

"Are you... Alright...?" A pained voice echoed in her ear.

The girl heard the words, but her mind did not registered them, instead it focused only on the thick steel pipe and its pointy end stuck out of the chest hovering over her, blood ran freely down the metal shaft and fell onto the girl, staining her dress.

"He... Hey...!" The voice struggled to call out. "Can you hear me...?! Are you... Are you hurt...?!" More blood splattered over the girl, this time coming out of the mouth of the young man that stood before her. Behind him, piles of debris were being kept at bay, his battered body being the only thing that stopped them from crushing the girl.

Finally snapping out her stupor, the girl lifted one of her hands up towards the boy. "Ye... Yes... I... Mean no..." Her respond is abruptly stopped when the boy's strength gives up and fell to his knees, shocking the girl as the debris threatened to crush them. She immediately froze up again.

Gritting his teeth, the boy forced his knees off the ground. "You have to... To get out of here... Quick!" He barked as more blood sprinkled down. "Before... Before I..."

Purple eyes once again looked up at the boy's face. The back of his head must have been busted open since streaks of blood were running through the spiky blond hair and down his face, framing a pair of sapphire blue eyes.

She had seen blood and gore before, far more than anyone would expect a girl in her position would, but something about this boy dying in front of her terrified her beyond believe and stunned the girl in her place.

Angry noises came out of the blond as he extended one of his hands. He grabbed a hold of the girl's kimono and brought her closer towards him; to the point where all she could see were her purple eyes reflected in his blue ones. "I said, go!" He roared.

In a sudden show of strength, the girl felt her body being flung backwards, and all that she could do was watch as the young man disappeared in front of her eyes when the rest of the debris finally caved in on top of him.

"NO!" Shion screamed as he jolted up from her futon. Breathing heavily, the priestess of Demon Country scanned her surroundings. She was alone in her room in the temple, her mother's charm bell lying protectively next to her futon.

It was the dead of night and the compound seemed completely at peace, no lethal steel pipes, fatal heaps of debris, or dying boys in sight.

After several minutes of labored breathing, the blond girl finally calmed down. Taking the little bell in her hand, the priestess eased her body back onto the futon. "That vision again..." She whispered. "That boy..." Shion muttered right before she fell asleep once again.

Training Ground 17 shook with thunderous force as Naruto planted his feet firmly on the dirt to prevent his body from being push further back. "Sorry! I... I'm sorry, Naruto-san!" The toad, Gamaken, shouted out hurriedly from the other side of the clearing as he lowered his spiked pole.

The blond sighed in exasperation. "I told you not to call me that, Ken. Also stop worry so much all the time." He commented as the teenage toad in front of him started apologizing again earning another sigh from the boy. The magenta-colored toad was already over four times the genin's height, already at the verge of another growth spurt that would leave him at equal size to the likes of Gamabunta and Gamashiro, and, despite his younger age, Gamaken was already consider one of the best fighters in Mount Myoboku, sadly his self-esteem was even worse than Hinata's.