Chapter 30: Rising Storm

The gray haired man took a couple of steps back as he was unable to shake off his astonishment. Right in front of him, the spectral ribcage started to widened and take a more humanoid look as bones for the shoulders and the beginning of the neck started to manifest.

Realization of what was going on dawned on the blond and all of the sudden the young man felt his energy returning, making him feel elated and strong. "This is..." He started as he looked down at his right hand.

As if reacting to blonde's actions, more bones started to appear on the construct's right side, forming its gigantic right arm and hand.

Naruto glared at Kabuto with a look full of determination, closing his fist as the manifestation over him copied his action. "Susanoo!" The Sharingan users exclaimed as he punched forward, willing the monstrous apparition to do the same.

The medic nin was still stunned as the colossal fist came crashing down on him.

The sickening impact echoed throughout the valley as Kabuto's was thrown back to the wall at the edge like a ragdoll. "Gyaargh...!" The gray haired man screamed in pain. At least a couple of bones on his right arm were broken, but, to their credit, the genetically-spliced Kaguya bones on his left side managed to hold on as the Sound nin pushed himself to stand back up.

"This is the third techniques granted by the Mangekyou Sharingan." Naruto started to explain as he took a couple of steps forward, the specter form over him following along. "The God of Storms, Susanoo!" The blond exclaimed, his voice filled with newfound energy and confidence. The moment Susanoo activated, the genin immediately felt a sudden rush of chakra back into his system. "Now, Kabuto... For betraying the Leaf, for hurting Sasuke... I'm going to kill you!" The young man shouted before charging off.

Kabuto only had a second to widen his eyes before he was forced to jump away as a large, blue spectral fist came crashing down on where he had been standing.

Naruto willed Susanno to swing its gigantic arm before the Yakushi was out of range.

All that the gray haired nin could do to defend himself was to produce another large bone from his left arm and bring it up to absorb some of the incoming attack. The bone club only managed to hold off the avatar's hand for a couple of seconds before it snapped in two and Kabuto was send flying high into the air by another devastating blow.

Hitting the ground awkwardly, Kabuto spat out blood as he pushed his body off the ground. "Ok... I thought that Orochimaru-sama only wanted... A Sharingan to copy jutsus... But... But I can see how those things... Could come in handy..." The young man struggled to say as he got back on his feet and fixed his glasses.

"Make all the jokes you want... I'm not one to judge how people prefer to spent their last moments." Naruto commented as he turned to face his opponent, all the while flexing his right hand as Susanoo mimicked his actions.

Sending chakra to his hands, Kabuto snapped back into place some of his bones that had gotten dislocated during the last attack. "I came here expecting to clean up a mess and end up caught right in the thick of it." The medic nin said as he dusted his already torn clothes. "You never cease to amaze me... Naruto-kun!" He added before suddenly slamming his left hand into the ground.

Immediately, a torrent of large bones sprouted all around the blond.

Naruto swung his right arm across his shoulder, willing the chakra manifestation over him into a defensive stance. The flurry of bones either snapped or bounced off the protective construct around the Jinchuuriki, and then the headless avatar swung its colossal arm again, clearing away the rest of the bones.

Taking advantage of the spiky haired boy's distraction, Kabuto shorten the distance between himself and the younger shinobi. As his opponent looked up, the gray haired man hurled a pair of kunai.