Chapter 23: Light Breaking Through the Leaves

The raven haired boy remained unnerved at the sight of the gigantic lump of earth. "I left my teammates because I was weak..." The Uchiha muttered. "I wanted to become stronger before this hatred that is dwelling inside of me consumed me." The young man's hand started on a set of already familiar hand seals. "And if I am ever to return to my friends, I cannot lose to the likes of you!" The Leaf nin stated as lighting sparked in his palm and covered most of his arm. "For my sake, for Team Seven's sake, I will defeat you!" A third coma appeared on each of Sasuke's Sharingan eyes.

Jirobo gritted his teeth at the Uchiha's glare. "Those eyes..." He muttered angrily. "It is only because of those blasted eyes that Orochimaru-sama has invested so deeply in you!" The Sound shinobi roared and tightened his grip so much that a crack appeared on the giant boulder. "I will squash your body and rip those damn eyes off, then I simply present that to Orochimaru-sama!" He declared before heaving the colossal rock toward the Leaf genin.

The determination in the eyes of the raven haired boy did not wavered as the boulder came crashing down on him.

"Damn it Jirobo!" Sakon screamed. "What are we going to do now? Orochimaru-sama is going to kill us! Don't you ever think?" The blue haired man angrily exclaimed.

The largest of the Sound team simply shrugged his leader's outburst off. "Don't worry, Sakon, we just need to find his corpse and take the bastard's eyes out, then we..." The transformed man's sentence was cut short as a chirping sound spread through the forest. "What the hell is that?"

Four pairs of Oto shinobi eyes directed their gazes to the giant boulder as a cracking noise joined the chirping.

Jirobo's face became a mix of shock and anger. "No... There is no way...!" He exclaimed.

Suddenly, the chirping was replaced by a thunderous roar as a streak of lighting broke through the boulder and shot into the sky.

The Sound nins looked up as the electricity started to mold into the shape of a dragon and proceed to dive toward the largest shinobi.

Shaking his bewilderment off, Jirobo was barely able to jump out of the electric dragon's way and was left once again dumbfound gazing at the cloud of destruction that followed the deafening blast that went off right were he had been standing. After the dust settled, the monstrous man jumped back in a bout of fear as he was met by the piercing glare of the lightning dragon.

"Let me say it one more time..." Sasuke's vice was heard behind the electric behemoth. "I will not lose to you." The boy affirmed as the dragon disappeared with a final roar, leaving the Uchiha and the Sound nin to glare at each other once more.

Jirobo's transformed body started to shake as anger overtook him. "You cocky bastard..." He muttered. "Next time I'm going to break every single limp in your body!" The orange haired monsters roared.

Kidomaru scratched his head as he let out a sigh of relief. "For a second there I thought were done for..." The black haired man admitted. "Good thing that Uchiha is made up of some tough stuff and had a couple of extra lives stashed away, uh?" He commented as he turned to look at his teammates.

Gritting her teeth, Tayuya glared at the two combatant nins. "That fat bastard! He could have gotten us killed by Orochimaru-sama by pulling off stunts like that!" The kunoichi shouted.

Sakon narrowed his eyes as he watched the mixture of frustration and anger that occupied Jirobo's face. "Kidomaru..." The Sound leaders called out. "Make sure that the Uchiha is not killed no matter what... Even if you have to take Jirobo out..."

The archer gazed at his blue haired teammate before smirking and shaking his head. "Acknowledged." He responded.

"Grrargh!" Jirobo suddenly roared before lunging towards the Leaf nin. "Die already, you little bastard!"