Prologue

My Concubine

.

.

.

In 1 AD, the Korean peninsula and Manchuria were dominated by three great empires that competed with each other economically and militarily. Goguryeo, Silla, and Baekje. Goguryeo, and Baekje were two equally powerful kingdoms among the three kingdoms. Especially Goguryeo, which was always able to fend off attacks from the Chinese Dynasties.

But over time, Silla Kingdom slowly became strong after the great war of the Sui dynasty - Goguryeo in 598 by forming the Tang Alliance.

In 660 Goguryeo's northwest ally, Baekje, turned to the Tang and Silla alliance and continued to attack for the next 8 years. Meanwhile Yeon Gaesomun, the Prime Minister of Goguryeo who went directly to the battlefield died in 666 and his leadership was continued by his 3 sons. Until the year 668, the last king of Goguryeo, king Bojang was captured by the Tang forces.

.

.

.

"Jioh, you don't have to do this." Ye Soya's cry, the queen of Goguryeo sounded very heart-wrenching for the palace maids who stood behind her, but the tears still couldn't change the decision that the princess, Go Jioh, who currently looked very beautiful and charming wearing a red Silla royal wedding dress.

"Do we still have a choice, mother?" She could still see her daughter's sweet smile even though her beautiful face was covered by a red bridal veil.

"Jioh..." The 48-year-old woman's grip tightened when the general assigned to guard the princess called out.

"You want daddy back, don't you?"

Go Jioh... Soya didn't expect her only daughter with the 28th king of Goguryeo who was famous for being whiny and spoiled to be so mature now.

"Still they are enemies! How can that Silla king make you a concubine?!"

.

.

.

My Concubine
ruby_ribbon