01

My Concubine

.

.

.

Silla...

Silla is one of the three ancient kingdoms that once ruled the Korean Peninsula. The three ancient kingdoms were the Goguryeo Kingdom in the north as the oldest of the three ancient kingdoms, then there was the Baekje Kingdom in the southwest of the peninsula as the "Brother kingdom" of the Goguryeo kingdom because they had a common ancestor (the founder of the Baekje Kingdom was the son of Jumong, the first king of the Goguryeo kingdom), and the third kingdom was the Silla Kingdom. The Silla kingdom is located on the southeastern side of the Korean Peninsula

The Kingdom of Goguryeo was known as the "kingdom of war" because this kingdom was always at war, especially with China because it wanted to expand its territory to the north, and with the Baekje Kingdom which often harassed it from the south. The Baekje Kingdom is often referred to as the "Kingdom of Scholars" because this kingdom often produced amazing works of art and inventions and was considered very advanced in its time.

Meanwhile, the Silla Kingdom was dubbed the "Kingdom of the Nobles" because Silla was a kingdom that had a large number of aristocrats (nobles) and controlled many lines of the kingdom because the nobility were also people who mastered military knowledge (all sons of high nobility including the king's son were required to do so). served as Hwarang) also served as scholars. Silla also has a very strict nobility arrangement compared to the other two kingdoms.

However, the period of the three kingdoms is called the "Three Kingdoms Age" or "Samguk". Among the other three kingdoms, Silla is the kingdom with the smallest area and is located in a more remote area than other kingdoms, also has a different language from the other two kingdoms so that none of the surrounding kingdoms thought that Silla would become a kingdom. single on the Korean Peninsula.

Silla then became a kingdom that slowly grew bigger and bigger, stronger and stronger, and suddenly destroyed the other kingdoms after forming an alliance with the Tang Dynasty founded by the Li family.

.

.

.

A very strong acacia aroma wafted a moment after several palace maids who served her lit three incense sticks in several corners of the bedroom which had also been decorated very beautifully with red curtains, and sprinkled red rose petals. It was the same red color as the clothes the Silla people called the wedding robes that she was currently wearing.

"Madam, we are leaving. His Majesty will be here soon." Said one of the female palace maids who had done her hair a moment ago bowed respectfully followed by five other ladies-in-waiting standing behind the woman before saying goodbye and leaving herself waiting alone in this luxurious room.

"Long live the king of Munmu!"

Victory celebration. from the room she was currently in at the far end of the palace reserved for concubines, Jioh could still hear the joyful cheers celebrating Silla's victory over Goguryeo.

Becoming a concubine was not a wedding ritual that she had always dreamed of. What her received instead was the insults uttered by the guests at the celebration of the great victory of the 30th king of Silla, King Munmu who succeeded in conquering their great enemy Goguryeo. Jioh sat there like a fool wearing a wedding dress just as a trophy of victory.

'King Munmu...'

The name kept replaying in her mind.

Silla...