Trapped in Feelings

"Arre, yeh flowers yahan nahi, vahan... Vahan stairs mein rakhne hai. Aur kitni baar batau...", shouted Nakul as he ran here and there to make sure the celebrations of 1st wedding anniversary of his beloved Kanha and Sayuri is the best in whole Agra. Rashmi and Priya too reached Chaudhary niwaas on time and helped him achieve his goal while Saroj walked past them silently as she sat in front of the mandir and started chanting the mantras using the mala. Rashmi and Priya tried talking to her but she ignored them completely as if they don't even exist. Nakul who have had enough this, asked them to ignore it and move on.

After an hour of insane hardwork, the whole house was decorated as well as Kanha and Sayuri's room. "Ab bas unke aane ke deri hai, phir celebration shuru karte hai...", said Nakul as he beamed happily. "Pata nahi, itni jaldi, subah subah dono kyun bhaag gaye. I don't even think Kanha bhaiya and Sayuri bhabhi ne ek dusre ko wish bhi kiya hoga.", he said as he sat on the sofa in disappointment. Rashmi smiled as she said, "Sab theek ho jayega. Inta kuch bigda aur hua nahi theek, yeh bhi ho jayega". Nakul looked at her as he removed her clutcher. Rashmi looked at him with all the love in her eyes.

•••

On the other hand, Sayuri was in the college, walking briskly as she reached the washroom and closed the door. She looked distraught, a total mess. She looked at herself in the mirror as she opened the tap of water and splashed some of it on her face. Her heart and life has been a mess. Water dropped from her eyes with which the tears combined as she breathed heavily.

College was the only place were she felt solace, otherwise everywhere else, she feels like she is running away from something, everyday, every minute. But even here, she is losing it somehow. She grabbed on to the railing as she slipped on the floor, deep in thoughts. Even though, coming to college hasn't been easy for her, but work keeps her busy. She hears alot of students whisper about her personal life. Some girls, were extremely jealous of her being married to Agra's sensation - Kanha; while some judged her for marrying the younger brother of her to-be husband the same night the latter one died. But she didn't care about anything.

She knew what happened. She knew why it happen the way it did. Earlier she did blame Kanha for it but now she doesn't anymore. She blamed no one now. Not even her own destiny because weirdly enough she felt better in this relationship than she ever felt in her time spent with Chiru. This was what bothering her since past 1 month. Her messed up feelings and emptiness. She shouldn't feel this way at all. It was Chiru and Sayuri who were supposed to be; not Kanha and Sayuri.

Though, it's been a whole year as Kanha's wife but they haven't even shared the bed once, but still she feels loved, by his smallest of gestures. Infact, she started respecting Kanha more as she was his wife, he could have dared to cross the line if he wanted to but he didn't. Earlier, he still used to fight with her, nag her, intentionally irritate her but since last 2 months even that has stopped. She weirdly enough missed that too because weirdly enough she liked that. She misses the smile he used to have after pranking her, how he used to hide her things, just to mess with her, how he takes time to pick up his quirky shirts, or steal glances of her, here and there. She missed Kanha. She... SHE LOVED KANHA and suddenly the siren ran in her brain again for the 1000th time, signalling her that whatever she is feeling is wrong and will always remain unfulfilled because that's what is right.

•••

There, Kanha was a mess. As he swirled the pages of the contract, but all he could see was Sayuri's face all over the pages. It's been happening to him for over 2 months. He never thought even this was possible for him to feel - LOVE. He excused himself from the meeting as he ran straight into the bathroom. He stood in front of the mirror as he looked at his reflection. Earlier, he would have corrected his hair, do some quirky moves etc, but right now he was looking at Sayuri's husband.

He opened the tap and felt the running water through his fingers as he splashed some water on his face. He was mess. He was in such a mess. He loved Sayuri to an extent of madness that could kill him any moment. The way she walks, the way her dupatta follows her lead, when she innocently laughs on an awfully bad joke that Nakul cracks or when she tucks her hair behind her ear, or when her jhumkas speak the language of love to him. When she takes care of Saroj by adding her medicine in the sabji, sneakily. Or takes care of Nakul's studies. When she dries her wet hair, puts a small bindi on her face or when... When she corrects her mangalsutra for it to remain in the right position followed by her filling her maang with his sindoor. But his favorite part was to see her irritated face whenever he teased her. Just the small things that made Sayuri - Sayuri. He smiled as he imagined all these scenarios but his smile faded as he came back to reality.

He looked at her picture in his wallet as he sat on ground and stared at it until it became blur for him. He knew he desired something that's impossible and wrong. A single, lone tear dropped from his eyes as he caressed Sayuri's picture.

•••

Suddenly, both of their phones rang as Nakul and Rashmi asked them to come home as soon as possible.