When I Opened My Blind Eyes (1)

^That's how he kinda looks, excuse the rushed drawing

Can I be one to finally give Cale a happy past? Absolutely not! :D

please note:

Namdongsaeng = Younger brother

Yeodongsaeng = Younger sister

--------------------

The teen, borderlining young adult, awoke with a jump. He could sense a spike of powerful mana and a knock on the study door. He could smell the smoke of the died out fireplace, it was still warm.

The study was mainly made up of dark brown wood, though the walls and floor itself was Marble, a dark carpet covering the floor except for around the fireplace, which had a step of marble to avoid any unwanted fires.

"Young master, are you there? It is morning." The voice was easy to place, anyone who knew the truth would have chills down their spine but now he could easily feel the warm undertones... and concern. The teen looked to the door of the study to see an old man with a raised eyebrow.

"So, you're in the study once again?"

"... Lost track of time."

"Of course," The old man smiled benignly. "The master wishes to dine with the young master since it has been awhile. Fortunately it looks like it is possible today."

The teen looked at his desk, confused about the two series of novels covering the table. One of the novels had his name on the back. Both written by a Nolan Barrow.

"Young master Cale?"

The teen turned back to the old man, in his usual servant garb.

'Is that meant to be about me?'

Looking back at desk he noticed a note, picking it up he narrowed his eyes.

"Ron."

"Yes Young master?"

"Fetch me some cold water, please"

"Of course Young Master"

The old man bowed, not something you would think someone as vicious as him would do easily, and left.

After the teen could not hear Ron's footsteps he opened the note, not before removing an important document stuck on his face. Looking at the paper he scrunched his face, he had drooled on the paper. After he threw the document away he put his full attention on the mysterious note.

'Dear Cale, I am the God of Death. Now I know you may not believe this but a few of your otherworldly counterparts have pulled my interest and I wanted to see what you would do, given your past and all. So, enjoy your other selves' lives in the form of a novel! To be fair you only have the first 5 volumes of [The Birth of A Hero] and you only get a few hours to get that info into that perfect memory of yours! With love, Death'

Cale scoffed, leaning back in his chair. If this was the God of Death he highly doubts that he or she would have signed off with love. This was obviously fake, Cale tossed the note behind him and went to push the books aside.

'Can I take that risk?'

Cale froze as that thought popped up. He turned his head to the window where he could see that Lily was already outside, swinging her wooden sword around, her form had been greatly improving recently.

'Could I risk them? What if something bad happened?'

Cale picked one book up and studied it, [Birth of A Hero Vol.1] It had to bee the first as he saw it mentioned on the other novel [Trash of the Counts Family]. With another glance outside he heard the door open.