They met in peace (5)

Merry Christmas!!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I got covid just before Christmas and literally haven't been free since the last update until today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choi Han stopped leaning against the wall and pushed his body up.

It was obvious that his right leg was injured as he gained his balance by leaning to the side. Cale decided to hold any offers of assistance due to the mistrust he could still feel emanating from the protagonist. It was not yet time to offer more help.

Choi Han nodded slightly as he told the korean to follow him.However, an existence blocked his path.

Meeeeeeeeow.

The red furred golden eyed kitten ran toward Cale and rubbed its cheeks on Cale's shoes, he complied. Cale frowned; it was quite obvious that the cats and the orphaned kids from before were one in the same, but the problem was that he had to settle Noah into his new home, not to mention that Choi Han was now following him. He could suddenly feel Choi Hans' gaze on his back, no doubt planning to use his response and a judgement of Cale's character.

"He seems to like me. I'm sorry but it's time for me to go."

Cale couldn't understand those who did not love animals, they were beings that didn't betray you, they seem to love you regardless of what you did

The silver-furred golden-eyed kitten growled as if it was telling the red-furred kitten to come back while telling Cale to get lost. The red-furred kitten seemed to not want to go back as it continued to look back at Cale as it walked away. It took some effort but Cale didn't glance back.

Meow, meoooooooow.

The cries of the two kittens were getting farther away. Cale took a look backwards, Choi Han was limping, but keeping up with him.

He made eye contact, he nodded and looked forward again. Choi Han resembled a kicked puppy in his eyes. The puppy was keeping up just fine, there was no need for him to slow down and continued his normal stride.

They reached the residential area as Cale returned greeting those who called out to him.

The bars. Market. Plaza. They then passed the residences of the wealthy and finally arrived at the Count's estate located in the rear of the city.

"What are you doing?"

Cale looked toward Choi Han, who had stopped moving. Choi Han must have seen how the soldiers greeted Cale, as well as how the citizens were split in greeting him like an old friend or avoiding him, on their way here.

Choi Han was probably questioning whether it really would be easy to kill Cale, not that his initial assessment was correct..

Cale asked once more.

"Are you not going to come?"

As he had expected, and hoped, Choi han continued to follow him. His reason for following Cale now was probably to get some information as well as to host the funeral for the villagers of Harris Village.

"Young master."

"Cale!"

As soon as Cale stood at the main entrance of the estate, the guards and knights greeted him. Noah charging at him from the guards side and hugged cale's legs,

'Sigh. I wish they would stop with that young master business.'

"Hello Noah, did they treat you well?"