Prologue

"Ruby! Do you want to go to the mall today?" Sumin piped up but as the girl opened her mouth to reply to the invitation she was cut off. "She's coming with us to the fancy restaurant downtown! right Ruby?" Hana said as she looked at Ruby with an expectant smile.

"We asked her first!" The groups fought between themselves. Ruby scoffed turning on her heel as she walked away, heels clicking on the floor. "Ruby! Wait up!" Her so called 'friends' caught up with her.

"I have classes, so hang out between yourselves" She monotonously replied as she got into the black car standing at the front of of the school, not ever sparing a glance to the girls she left behind.

"Are mom and dad coming for dinner tonight?" She asked the driver as she took out the pearl clips from her hair, shoving it in her designer purse as she sighed. Recieving no reply, she looked towards the drivers seat to find an unfamiliar man.

"Did they change drivers? You're not Mr. Hong are you?" Ruby said but the man looked ahead, "Mr. Hong had to go out for an emergency. Your parents hired me for today." The man replied.

Her hands gripped the door handle, sneakily trying to open it. Child lock. There's always strict orders given by her parents to the drivers that child lock should never be placed for Ruby, in case there was any attempts of kidnappings.

"Stop the car." Ruby said as the man's grip on the steering wheel tightened. Her hands quickly grabbed the strap of her purse, holding it around the man's neck as she tightened the strap. "I said stop the car!" She yelled as violent coughs were heard throughout the car.

Suddenly a chemical was sprayed in her face and her grip on the purse strap loosened, hands reaching to her burning eyes. "What the fuck!" She yelled but as she continued to curse out the driver and find a way to escape she felt her conscious slip away and she fell back in the backseat.

The man sitting in the front, eyes widened, hurriedly searched for the phone and dialed a number. "S-sir, the t-target's unconscious" The driver stuttered as the man on the other line sighed.

"You know what to do right?" The man on the line said as the driver let out a small yes. "Leave the car under the bridge and kill myself." The man said, closing his eyes knowing his death was coming soon.

"It was wonderful working with you, if you hadn't betrayed us on our last mission it wouldn't have ended up like this. Thank you for working with NCT."