thirteen

The two sat in silence, neither of them knowing what to say. "About what I said in the clinic," Doyoung started off as he glanced around the room, trying to avoid her eyes.

"It wasn't your fault." Doyoung said as Ruby looked up from the floor to look at him with soft eyes. "You're blaming yourself too much, I can see it in your eyes. When you said sorry before you fainted, I felt the guilt you were feeling just by the way your voice broke." He sighed as Ruby felt tears lining her eyes.

He had read her like an open book.

"I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm held hostage for gods fucking sake but why am I more comfortable being here than I was in my own house?" Ruby broke down as she buried her head in her hands.

"As much as I wanna stay here, all I'm going to do is cause problems. My dads not going to stop until he gets his money back and me along with it." She felt a hand pat her on her head as she looked up to see Doyoung giving her a sad smile.

"Taeyong knows all of this but he's still letting you stay here right?" He said as Ruby nodded, "If it's anyone's fault it's Taeyong's" Doyoung joked as she laughed wiping her eyes.

"I'm sorry, for the things I said." Doyoung sighed as Ruby turned to look at him in the eye. He really did feel bad and Ruby saw that in his eyes.

"You were worried for your family too, it's alright." She attempted to smile but from the way she was crying it was a mere attempt at doing so. The two sat in silence, Ruby calming down a bit and finally wiping her tear away.

"You should wear black more often" Ruby sniffled as Doyoung looked at her with confusion. "You look good in it." She winked as Doyoung closed his eyes taking in a breath.

She was crying a minute ago, how is she so bipolar?

"You know I should leave." Doyoung shook his head with a smile as he got up, "No stay." Ruby whined as he turned to look at her with a smile. "Donghyuck and the team must've come back from their mission, I have to go back" He reasoned as Ruby gave out a defeated sigh.

"Fine" She pouted as she watched Doyoung open her door, only to be met with the figure of a whistling Donghyuck. Donghyuck's happy whistles stopped once he saw Doyoung leaving Ruby's room.

Donghyuck raised one of his eyebrows as Doyoung rolled his eyes, walking past the younger. Donghyuck entered the room, closing the door behind him and saw Ruby dreamily looking away into the air.

Donghyuck threw his head back groaning, he wasn't going to hear enough of Kim Doyoung now.

=

Ruby sat on the couch, her legs crossed as a pillow sat on her lap. Renjun and Chenle were in either side of her, Donghyuck cuddling Renjun despite the latter's protest.

The tv screen played an episode of twenty one twenty five on Netflix, everyone focused on the scene. It was originally Ruby who dragged Donghyuck to the living room to watch the drama but Renjun and Chenle gradually came to sit on the sofa.

Ruby paused the show for the eight time, earning whines from the other three boys. "Ruby would you fucking stop!" Donghyuck groaned as he felt a hand smack him on the head, he looked up to see Johnny smiling at him.

The older members had just come back from combat practice, seeing the group of four snuggling into the couch had them curious on what's going on. "Would you play the show!" Renjun pinched Ruby as she glared at him.

"Pause, muscle appreciation."  She dreamily stared at Nam Joohyuk, Chenle rolled his eyes at the statement he had heard for the eight time today. Yuta stifled a laugh and the disappointed faces of the three boys sitting next to Ruby, Jaehyun pushing Ruby's head slightly forward as she whipped around to glare at him.

Doyoung appeared from the combat training area, passing by the tv to go get some water from the kitchen. "Pause!" Ruby exclaimed turning her head back to the screen where Doyoung stood confused in a sleeveless black t-shirt and some sweatpants.

"Muscle appreciation" She sighed in a daze, looking at Doyoung with hearts in her eyes. Doyoung gave a small smile with a shake of his head leaving the scene with a whiny Ruby yelling at him.

"You can't just leave me like this! I'll turn yandre on you!" Doyoung heard the girl scream as he pulled the fridge open. The sentence was followed by a chorus of yells.

"Ruby!"

( note! ) ruby is just a nctzens representative at this point 🤭
so doyoung apologized how are we feeling 🫶🏻