seventeen

It was supposed to be a grand wedding. Everyone was invited. Min Daehyun, a literal fossil was marrying Jewel Enterprises only heir, Kang Ruby. It was a grand wedding in the underworld.

Nezurite had a strong hold in the underworld. Min Daehyun, the boss of the mafia has several connections with CEO's of huge companies both domestic and abroad and many big politicians.

Marrying his daughter off into Nezurite meant access to all these contacts to Jewel Enterprises. It meant that her father could manipulate the entire market on his terms. Everything would be his, and the Kang family was a sucker for money. So when it came to marrying off their only daughter, it was sure they'd do it for money matters without consulting their daughter.

The first time Ruby met Min Daehyun was when she had tears streaming down her face. It was from when she was put into a car and dragged to Nezurite's head quarters for a meeting. She didn't know what it was for until her mother explained it to her in the car.

That's when the tears started streaming down her face as she protested to go back home. She promised to do anything. Anything to keep them happy but she didn't want them to marry her off. She'd act however they'd wanted, she'd sleep with whoever they wanted. She'd sell off herself like that but never in such a marriage with a man like him.

Upon seeing the way she was breaking down in front of her future husband, her parents were angered. Leaving her there the night, as a punishment. They knew what fate would befall upon her.

This was nearly a year ago. Ruby had to attend trauma therapy for a few months before her mother stopped her from going to her future appointments despite the psychologist telling her that at this point Ruby would go insane before she'd turn 30, especially if she'd marry that man. But none of that was listened to.

"That was why I begged Taeyong to let me stay here. I didn't want to go back to that, I knew what would happen to me and I wanted to stop that no matter what. If it weren't you guys I would've begged whoever else it was even if it meant I'd lose my life." Her voice was a mix of sobs and shaky breath as she dug her face into Doyoung's chest.

The latter himself had a few drops flowing down his pale skin. His grip on the girl tightening, he didn't want to let go. He felt that if he did, she'd be pulled away into her misery and he'd have no way to save her. She'd fall into the ocean of despair and Doyoung wouldn't have the means to reach out to her through the cold water. He felt pathetic. How could he do nothing for her?

Fueled by anger and rage, he just wanted to kill Min Daehyun with his own hands. Shoot him right on the spot and not regret anything. Even if his crimson blood flows on the floor and a thousand others would want him to regret it — he wouldn't, because all he wanted was her safety and her happiness.

"Sir!" A lean man came bustling into the meeting room, head bowing in apology for interrupting the conversation. Min Daehyun, with a flick of the hand urged the man to speak. "Our man has been captured by NCT, we suspect he's already dead by now." The man informed, eyes casted to the ground in respect.

Sighing, Daehyun ran a finger along the bridge of his nose before turning to the nervous male. "Such a fortune I waste training you all, what is the point of it. Tell the security head I want to speak to him. And kill off his daughter." Daehyun replied sternly, watching the man scurry out the door.

"Ruby just had to get tangled with NCT. I just want to finish this off, get Ruby back and kill each and everyone in that team." Ruby's father leaned against the crimson leather couch, disdain hanging in his expression.

"There's no hurry. They've already found our man, they know we're onto them. I have the perfect plan, I'm not going to let my bride sit there for long am I?" Laughs resonated the staunchly decorated room.

"Kim!" Daehyun yelled, seconds after his call a broad bodied mean stepped into the room. Min Daehyun's closest man, Kim. "Find someone to keep an eye on Ruby and NCT. I want no fuck ups this time, no one should know we're tailing them. We need to find a weak point, to get Ruby back and NCT to their knees." Daehyun drummed his fingers against the armrest of the couch.

"Yes sir."