Part 11 : Danger

"ugh..." Hana groans as she slowly opens up her eyes and adjusts to the lights.

"Hana?" Ijin, who had been by Hana's side at that time, called her name after he saw that she had regained her consciousness. Then, he pressed on the button to call the doctor, informing them.

"Where am I?" Hana slowly speaks as she looks around the unfamiliar surroundings.

"You're in the hospital" Ijin helped Hana to sit up and handed her some water to drink.

"Has the patient gained consciousness?" The doctor came rushing after Ijin had rang the bell.

"Yes" Ijin simply replied to the doctor.

"Okay, let me check her for a moment" Ijin steps away after the doctor gives the instruction and then the doctor comes to check and ask Hana a few things before he finally concludes her situation.

"Her condition has been improving a lot so she could be discharged tomorrow to receive treatment at home" The doctor informed them before walking out of the room.

"How long have I been here?" Hana asks Ijin as they're left alone in the room.

"Three days" Ijin replied to her and walked back to stand beside her bed.

"Have you been taking care of me all this time?" Hana hands Ijin the glass that's already empty.

"Not all the time, your maid was also taking care of you. I just come to substitute for her from time to time" Ijin explained while taking a seat and taking the porridge that's been placed on the desk. Ijin scops and blows on it a few times before moving the spoon to feed Hana.

"Here, it's still warm" Hana was gazing at the spoon and then at Ijin before she opened her mouth to eat it.

"It's warm" Hana smiles when she feels the warmth that fills inside of her.

Suddenly, an image of her father was flashing in her mind.

"My father, has he come here?" Hana asks Ijin anxiously. Ijin simply nods his head and takes another spoon to feed her.

"He did, but I prevented him from coming in" Ijin moved the spoon near Hana's mouth but his hand was stopped by her pale hand.

"What did you do?" Hana was restless after she heard what Ijin just said.

"I warn him not to bother you" Ijin says with a smile on his face, waiting for Hana to praise his action.

"N-No..." Hana immediately rose up from her bed and tried to remove the IV infusion on her hand.

"What are you doing?" Ijin quickly places the porridge on the table and stops Hana from what she's doing right now.

"I have to go home. Now." Hana abruptly let go of Ijin and ran towards the door, but before she could open it, Ijin had stopped her again.

"The doctor says that you only could go back tomorrow" Ijin tried to restrain Hana who was still trying to get away from his hold.

"Please let go of me Ijin, I really have to go back quickly" Hana uses all her strength to free herself from Ijin's stronghold but he just won't budge.

"HANA!" Ijin opened his eyes wide when he realized that he had shouted at Hana.

Hana, who was startled by the shout, finally stopped moving and quietly stood there facing down.

"Hana, I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout at you-" Ijin stopped midway when he saw Hana look back at him with such a desperate look in her eyes.

"Ijin please, if I didn't go back now, my mom would be in danger" Hana told him with a slight crack in her voice. Ijin, who heard that, finally let out a sigh and placed his hand to gently caress Hana's head.

"I understand, but let us treat this new wound on your hand first before we go back to your home together" Ijin brings Hana's hand for her to see the wound that she gets from pulling the infusion forcefully.

Hana, who just realized the dripping blood on her hand, obediently nodded her head and went to get the treatment on her hand as Ijin says.

After they had finished the treatment on Hana's hand, both of them rode a taxi to go back to Hana's home.

"Does he always use your mom to threaten you?" Ijin starts the conversation when they haven't spoken to each other after riding the taxi.

"Yes, because he's the only one who knows how to treat mom's illness. If I didn't do what he said, he would stop the medical treatment for mom" Hana replied to Ijin's question while looking at the view outside.

"Did you trust him for being able to treat your mom?" When Ijin asked that question, there's a long silence between them before Hana replied to him.

"I have to. I have to trust him that he can cure mother as that's the only thing that still keeps me alive. Besides, he does send me the video of mom treatment once in a month" Hana finally looked back to face Ijin after she said that.

"I'm sorry...because of my rash action, your mom's life might be in danger" Ijin felt guilty when he thought about Hana's mom's life who's at stake here.

"You don't have to say sorry. Even though I was worried about my mom, there's actually a part of me that feels really happy when I heard you warn my father for me" Hana placed her hand on Ijin hand and he moved it to hold her hand.

"Thank you for protecting me" Hana smiles when she feels the tingling warmth inside of her.

"We've arrived" The taxi driver finally speaks after he silently hears the melancholy love stories from the young couple.

"Here, please drive him to his home too. Thank you" Hana hands the taxi driver the money that makes him wide-eyed from the amount of it.

"I'm getting down too" Ijin wanted to follow Hana but he was stopped by her before he could do so.

"No, here is enough. My father won't let you in after what you've done to him and beside, didn't you already warn him? So, you don't have to worry anymore and go back to your own home" Hana patted Ijin's head and he just stared back at her without moving an inch.

"Then, see you tomorrow at school" Hana gives her farewell to him before she closes the taxi door and watches it drive away.

After she can't see the taxi anymore, Hana immediately turns to walk inside her house and go directly to her father's office.

'Please don't let anything happen to mother'

So sorry for the late update