with time

Green eyes blink open as sunlight pours in through the small gap in the expensive cream curtains.Harry groans and squeezes his eyes shut turning on his side and tugging the sheets up to his ear. His dark hand moves over to the other side of the bed to pull his lover up against his chest as usual only to find the sheets cold and empty. Empty. His thick eyebrows draw together. "Honey?" He asks wondering if He was in the bathroom. When he got no response he blinked open one eye.

Where was that git?

He groans and turns back over to reach his nightstand, grabbing his round glasses clumsily pushing them on his face. Next he grabs his wand casting a quick Tempus. 6 am. Bloody hell.

Harry only wanted to have a nice sleep in before the Weasley's come over in 4 hours.

"Draco?" He asks again a little louder.

He groans when he's answered with silence.Although a small pot of worry form deep in his stomach.  Harry sits up with a stretch and climbs out of bed. Stark naked. Not that he cared at all.
Slowly and groggily he makes his way out of the bedroom to the top of the stairs listening with close ears for any hint of where his lover could be.

*Scrub*

Ah. Harry can't help but smile fondly. He makes his way downstairs yawning. He gets to the bottom and peaks his head around the living room door.

Only to see Draco scrubbing their glass coffee table that was most likely already spotless.

"Draco?"

The blonde turns to face him shocked.

"Harry,"

"What are you doing?"

"Cleaning." Draco bites his lip holding back a harsh reply instead using one word.

"Well yes but why?"

"People are coming over Harry!" Draco frowns as if Harry's being stupid.

"Yes i know love but we cleaned yesterday before bed." Harry raises a thick eyebrow coming to perch at the edge of the sofa.

"Well yes i know but i need it to be-"

"Your stress cleaning."

"I am not!" Draco looks offended. 

"Draco you are stress cleaning."

Draco's shoulders drop defeatedly.That small pot of worry in Harry's stomach grows.

"Yeah, I'm stress cleaning." Harry leans forward and grabs the blonde's wrist gently tugging him. Draco frowns clearly hesitant about being given comfort. He wasn't always like this, He could accept comfort he would never pass down cuddle however with his head so stressed and telling him to move and make everything perfect he just can't.

"Draco. What's going on?"

"I need it to be perfect. I won't let our guests come and sit in a messy house." He says sounding snobby. Harry smiles slightly.

Okay, Harry has dealt with this before. Only last time it was about christmas decorations. But he felt this was a lot deeper than just cleaning.

"I understand. But it's just the weasleys. And honestly it's anything but messy. We cleaned the whole house head to toe yesterday."

Draco frowns his fingers fidgeting with the sponge. He always thought the muggle way was more effective than cleaning spells.

Harry sighs clearly not getting a response, "Come back to bed." 

He gently pries Draco off the floor and up the stairs to their room. He tugs draco into the bed under the safety of their sheets pulling the blonde up against his chest.

"What if they still think i'm horrible." It's barely a whisper but he hears it.

Harry frowns. "They don't. And if they did i wouldn't let anything happen to you, He'll i wouldn't even let them in our house ."

"I know you wouldn't. But,"

"No buts. They don't still think your horrible. I know they don't. And you know it too. Your just... overthinking yourself." Harry reasons. Draco huffs through his nose and rolls around stuffing his face into Harry's chest. Harry smiles unable to stop himself. He bring a hand up to rest on the back of Draco's neck his fingers playing with the blonde hair.

"i want them to like me."

"They do." The brunette presses a gentle kiss to the top of the others head. "They've forgave you a long time ago. They understand that you were just a scared child with no choices."

Draco might've told him off for calling him a 'scared child' but he didn't. Instead he nodded.Draco had a surprisingly big heart when he let you see. Harry was glad when Draco finally let him see it.His true self.

Not that scared child that put up walls and walls to protect himself. Not the boy who hid himself behind anger and rage.

He wanted Draco to be able to show that to others not for him but for draco's self. To show him he didn't have to be scared anymore. But he has a feeling it'll get better with time.

2 Hours later when the weasley's arrive Harry couldn't be any happier. Draco fretting over the food and comfort of their guests. The weasleys smiling and joking around with them all.

Surrounded by his family. And draco who smiles along with pure happiness as well. No. Harry couldn't ask for anything more.