Chapter 4

Thursday had landed, three more days before the first week of January ends

Thursday had landed, three more days before the first week of January ends. And let's just say that Grace's life became a domain of sorrow, grief, and anguish. Witnessing her friends perish each day, but the one question that everyone wants to know is...

Who's next?

Stephen is on his way to Layla's house to discuss further research about The White Grin. He knocked on the door only to find Regina constantly carrying a textbook about chemistry.

"Hey, is Layla home?" Stephen politely questioned Regina.

"She's--  the upstairs" Regina said in a sloppy voice.

"I beg your pardon?" Stephen declared.

 "I'm-- so sorry, it's always hard for me to speak in English because I'm Mexican" Regina explained to him.

Stephen didn't mind her speaking fluently, in fact, people have a rough time speaking simple and certain things.

"I'll be right back, please come in" Regina assisted Stephen.

The two of them walked through the house as Stephen patiently wait for Layla in the living room, Regina informed Stephen that she was heading to the library to purchase a copy of her favorite book. It might take a few hours to walk from here to there, so she bid on to Stephen if she can use his car for the day.

"I-- I-- mean of course, here's the key" Stephen tossed out the car keys to Regina, giving her a nice catch. "Thanks... I'll bring it back later, Thank you, Stephen!" Regina was super lucky. 

With Stephen in the living room all by himself, she heard Layla's footsteps from a distance.

"What's the big news?" Layla said.

With him and her together, Stephen introduced her to the previous deaths of their friends, knowing that Morgan died this Monday, Tuesday was still obscure, and yesterday was Tyler.

"So, if the killer targets his victims every day... Then... who's his target today?" Layla declared.

Stephen didn't have an answer, but all he knows is that no matter what happens to them, they must stick together at all causes. Stephen laid his laptop on the table and went back to the last search they did yesterday at the bistro. 

"Look! the killer's suspect list" Layla pointed out to Stephen.

Stephen gradually aim for the tab and clicked it, revealing the killer's murder list, it seems to them that he killed forty-two people in less than four years.

"Can we see the first person he ever killed?" Layla asked.

"Sure, hang on" Stephen then scrolled down to the very bottom of the article, at the end, they got dismayed by the name, Harley Gray 

"His first victim is... Harley Gray" Stephen read it. The eyes Layla enlarge and begins to recall the moment she last saw her.