Chapter 6

It has been a long week, now that the weekend's landed

It has been a long week, now that the weekend's landed. The remaining survivors hide against The White Grin's sight. Hiding at Christian Armstrong's home, which has no violence, no blood, and especially no way to track their location. Everything felt safe... for now.

Grace and Layla are sitting at the dining table eating bacon, their lack of hunger didn't eat more than three pieces of bacon strips and the orange juice on the side isn't even halfway done. Layla held her fork with the tips staring at the plate but no movement happened, she just stared at it.

While Grace did the same, she landed herself her orange juice and gulps out an ounce, the soured flavor juice made her fizz up her skin.

"Why aren't you eating your stripped bacon?" Layla questioned, Grace directly answered, "You know I'm vegan right?" 

"Oh yeah, I forgot........ I miss Regina" Layla softly said, she didn't regret it. She had only known her for two days and nobody saw her since yesterday at the hospital.

"She wanted it to happen, we couldn't stop her," Grace answered with an honest statement.

"I'm getting more paranoid this time, I mean... what if I'm next?" Layla's concerned, wondering if she's the next target. Grace replied to her that she shouldn't worry because that will never to Layla and her.

"Thanks, Grace... you always know what to do" Layla embraces Grace with all her heart.

As they had the moment to hug one another, Christian came in carrying some bad news. "You girls are not going to believe this." 

"What is it?" Layla questioned as they got off their chairs.

"I came back to the hospital with my crew and we found this..." Christian then revealed that what they saw is Stephen's laptop, but it was all wrecked.

"Holy shit, it's Stephen's laptop, where did you find it?" Layla was shocked.

"We found it in one of the rooms on the third floor, but this get's even crazier." Christian then flips the laptop and reveals an address that has been written using a permanent marker. It felt like it was graffiti in a random alley.

Grace read it out loud "Everbrown Lane 49?" She didn't know where it was located though. "I've never heard that address before."

"I do... It's the place where Harley died that night... and it wants us to go there." Layla answered mysteriously.

"Wait, Harley... Harley Gray?" Christian repeated.

"Yes, she's Layla's friend... She was killed by The White Grin as well... it was a year ago" Grace answered.

"That doesn't matter anymore, what matters is that the killer wants us there," Layla yelled.

"Well, how do we know if the killer needs us? maybe he needs you." Grace replied.