28. Princeton

"JESSIE!" I heard Bella yell making me jump from the couch and run towards the sound to see Jessie on the ground with Bella cradling him.

"What happened?" I asked rushing over towards them and taking Jessie into my arms and picking him up before rushing him towards the infirmary.

"I don't know. We were talking about baby names when he suddenly began to sway and then he was falling to the floor. I caught him before he could fall." Bella said, her voice cracking with emotion as we rushed down the hall.

>Doctor Mel!< I yelled through the link

>Yes, Beta?<

>It's Jessie. He fainted and won't wake up<

>in the exam room< she replied before closing the link and I ran towards the room and burst inside. "Lay him here."

I did as she instructed and laid my unconscious mate down.

"What happened?" She asked as began connecting wires and I shook my head.

"I just got back from patrol when Bella yelled his name and found him like this. She said they had been talking about baby names when he suddenly began swaying and then he fainted." I replied and she nodded as she hooked an IV to his arm, "he'll be okay, won't he? He and the baby?"

"Yes, I'm going to run some tests to see what caused him to faint," she said just as Jessie began to regain consciousness. He groaned and we both looked down to see him blinking before his eyes opened.

"Wh-where am I?" He asked as he tried to sit up but Doctor Mel gently pushed him back down.

"In the infirmary," Doctor Mel said and he frowned.

"Why?" He asked.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked and he shook his head.

"You fainted," Doctor Mel said and he frowned.

"I don't remember anything that happened before waking up," he replied and I looked at Doctor Mel who furrowed her brows.

"What's the last thing you remember?" She asked and I stood beside him and he frowned as he reached for my hand which I held out for him and he gripped it.

"I was in the living room with Bella talking and then nothing," he said and she nodded as she wrote it down on her clipboard—that I didn't realize she held—before she looked at us.

"Have you been experiencing any other symptoms?" She asked and he bit his lip.

"He's been complaining about having headaches," I answered and she nodded, "he says they're nothing but I know they hurt because I feel them too though what I experience is nothing to what he does."

She noted that on her clipboard, "have you had headaches in the past?"

"No," he replied shaking his head, "they recently started about two weeks ago. Luca said that headaches in pregnancy were normal."

"They are," she agreed, "which means I want to do some tests to rule out any other possible causes of your headaches."

"What do you mean?" Jessie asked and Doctor Mel smiled while I gently squeezed his hand.

"Luca was right when he said that headaches were common during pregnancy." She said and explained, "Headaches tend to be more common in the first and third trimesters, but they can occur in the second trimester as well. While there are common causes for headaches during pregnancy, it's important to note that headaches during the second and third trimester can also be due to high blood pressure, called preeclampsia." Jessie's breath hitched at her words but she gave us a sad smile, "but it all can also be something more."