Place We Can Call Home

Ripper slowly came to consciousness, grunting as he did so. His eyes slowly slitted open and he stared straight forward, he was looking into a forest, it was still dark out. Ripper suddenly lifted his head up quickly in realization. This wasn't the same spot he was in before...

Where am I? Ripper thought to himself.

He stood up and stared into the darkness of the forest, it was quiet. Ripper could only hear the beat of his heart over the silence. He slowly looked around trying to see into the forest but he couldn't see anything.

"Hello!" Ripper called out.

Ripper waited in pained silence for an answer but he received none.

This is creeping me out, what's happening? Ripper thought to himself. Ripper turned around and he saw a silhouette of a house.

"A house? What is a house doing here" Ripper whispered to himself.

Ripper's heart was about to beat out of his chest as he started to slowly walk towards the house out of curiosity.

The house started to come into shape as he approached it, it seemed to be some sort of cabin. Ripper stopped to inspect the cabin as he was just several meters away from it. His eyes scanned the cabin for anything suspicious but found nothing. Ripper hesitated to move on further but he did anyway.

Ripper stopped at the open doorway and contemplated whether he should enter or not. Ripper took a bated breath as he stepped inside. It was very dark in the cabin and it gave off a eerie feel. Ripper looked around and he could barely see anything in the cabin, it had webs scattered around the interior and everything looked aged.

Ripper slowly walked through the interior and saw a staircase that leads to the second floor. Ripper felt compelled to move towards it and he slowly took step by step towards the staircase. 

Ripper looked up the staircase and started to slowly climb up. Scratchy white writing appeared on the walls as he went up the staircase, Ripper ignored the writing but the beating of his heart increased the further he went. Ripper then reached the top of the staircase and looked around, there was a closet in front of him with a hall to his right that lead to a door.

"I have a bad feeling about this" Ripper said to himself, shaking.

Ripper moved slowly to the door, more scratchy white writing appeared on the walls as he moved towards it. Ripper still tried to ignore the writing best he can, feeling as if he read it something bad would happen. Ripper started to hear whispering in his head the closer he got.

Ripper stopped at the doorway and just stared at it nervously. He then lifted up a talon and used a claw to open the door. It creaked as it opened and Ripper hesitantly stepped inside.

The ghostly whispering in Ripper's head slowly got louder. Ripper looked around the room, it was mostly empty except for a bed, closet, and a open window. Ripper slowly stepped further into the room and the scratchy white writing distributed across the whole room. Ripper decided to finally read the writing so he went up towards a wall and looked at the writing, some of it said 'IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!' 'WHY DID YOU DO THIS!?' 'YOU LEFT US HERE TO DIE!' 'WE TRUSTED YOU!'

Voices started to shout in Ripper's head. 'WE THOUGHT THAT YOU COULD SAVE US!' 'YOU WERE OUR FRIEND!'

A orange glow cast on the wall in front of Ripper, he felt his heart was going to explode.

"Why is this happening?" Ripper asked.

Ripper spun around and saw the orange glow was coming from outside the window, he slowly walked towards the window trying to block out the voices in his head. Ripper looked out the window and saw bodies lying in a pile of fire. But they weren't just any bodies, they were the bodies of Blue, Sidefin, Owen, and a few other bodies he didn't recognize. Ripper's eyes dilated in terror as he backed away from the window.