The Hunt Begins

Once again, Ripper found himself lost in darkness, mindlessly wandering the void. In his last nightmare, the darkness wasn't his ally, it was his enemy. This time it was like a black blanket wrapped around the world, covering everything in darkness, casting shadows against what was once bright. Ripper can never tell when the darkness is protecting him or hunting him.

Ripper brushed past around a spiny black stump stretching into the black void, just like the many others that had their own unique pattern of branches. The raptor trudged forth, he never understood his dreams, but the last one had him stumped over theories. He didn't know what to believe, was he going insane?

Ripper knew where he was, he always had dreams related to places he has been, and this place was during a time of nightmares. It was the night that left him scarred from the horrors he experienced. 

Ripper jumped down through an all too familiar broken glass window and landed on his talons. He was tired of his nightmares and wanted to get to the bottom of them, he was going to explore the facility in hopes of finding an answer.

"This is now the third time I've been here."

Ripper ignored his instincts, they told him to get out of the facility, they knew of the horrors it caused twice and would likely create again. Ripper accepted the possibilities, he didn't care, whether the Night Feeder would show up again or not he was going to explore this dreaded place.

Ripper lifted his maw into the air and sniffed, trying to catch a scent of anything. The air was musty, cold, and...

Smelled of dry blood.

Chills ran down Ripper's spine. Why is there blood here?

Ripper followed the scent, he trailed it around a corner and stopped, now confused.

The scent of dry blood surrounded him.

Every fiber in Ripper's being screamed to return from whence he came, but he ignored the pleads. Ripper walked forwards down the hall in which he stood and approached a door. He pushed it open with a talon and walked through.

Ripper was standing in a stairwell, he felt compelled to move down, and so he did. His footsteps echoed through the shaft as he descended. Darkness covered his vision as he kept moving, after a couple more flights of stairs, he found himself on the bottom. He pushed open another door and walked through, Ripper was compelled forward, as if being led by something. He then found himself inside another room, it seemed like a room that he would be led to when being experimented on. There was equipment scattered across the room with a large metal table to the side, large enough to fit him.

Ripper approached the metal table and examined it, there were chains that seemed to have snapped dangling from its sides. It was as if whatever was brought in here would be strapped onto this table with these chains. Ripper sniffed the table and picked up a new scent, it smelled like the Night Feeder.

Suddenly a light lit up the room and a static noise filled Ripper's ears. He turned around and found the source, a box on a table lit up and black and white particles danced across a surface on the front. Ripper remembered these boxes being referred to as TV's, but he never saw one up close before. 

Once Ripper approached, the picture on the screen changed and new pictures now flashed across the surface.

Found Footage

"This thing better be on."

A scientist held up a small camera to his face and squinted at it. He seemed to be an older man, in his 50's, he had slick silver hair with glasses on his face, he wore a white lab coat and a black shirt underneath with black pants.