Alone

Ripper ran.

Alone. Worried. Afraid.

Ripper wouldn't be able to explain all the emotions he was feeling. They flooded in like a wave crashing against the shore.  

This was not supposed to happen.

Talons thumped through the forest, hesitation irrelevant in this moment. His claws dug into the Earth and released, in a concentrated pattern.

The sun slowly set as the night dawned, threatening to take the light.

Henry Wu is supposed to be dead.

Ripper panted as he rushed through the forest, the movement of his limbs making it hard to breathe.

The image of the red flower of blood spreading across Henry Wu's chest cemented itself into Ripper's mind. Even though it seemed twisted, it brought him comfort, reminding him that his worst nightmares are not to be worried about anymore. He wouldn't have to return to the captivity of a psychopath.

Now, everything was wrong.

The life Ripper was living flipped onto it's back.

Ripper came to a stop.

Ripper inhaled the fresh air as he collapsed onto the ground with a thud. 

Calm down. Regain your composure. Relax.

Ripper's mind disagreed.

What about Blue? Is she okay? What about Owen? Is he okay? Are they even alive?

Ripper forced the thoughts out of his head.

The last sliver of light faded from the sky, darkness taking its place.

Slowly breathing in air, Ripper checked his surroundings.

Nothing but trees, rocks, and more trees.

Nothing looked familiar.

I need to find a safer place to sleep, predators might roam around at night.

The darkness consumed everything, making it hard to see. Ripper could see no further than 10 meters ahead of him. Further than that, it was pitch black.

Funny how quickly the darkness can replace the light.

Slowly walking through the forest, the Indoraptor searched for a place of refuge. A safe place to sleep to pass the night away. To forget about all his nightmares.

Ripper.

The Indoraptor ignored. He still trudged through the forest, with no luck.

Ripper.

Still nothing.

Ripper.

Ripper scowled. "I don't need another lecture."

I'm not going to lecture you.

"Yeah right."

Do you want my help or not?

"It depends."

On what?

"The help you're offering."

Do you think running away is going to solve anything?

Ripper paused. "Why would you ask?"

All you've been doing is running, running, and running.

"I'm doing what I was told."

But you already have.

"What do you mean? Should I not listen to what they told me?"