🎉BIRTHDAY Q&A 2022🎉

YAYAYAYA IT'S TIME TO:

get one year closer to death <3
Ah, sweet 16... new legal stuff bla bla bla I honestly don't get the excitement about b-days anymore but pffft-

I'M JUST BEING A DOWNER LET'S GET INTO THE FUN SHENANIGANS! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE QUESTIONS! I did my best to answer them so I hope they helped :)

Quiet-song

Q: Do you have any tips for overcoming art/writer's block?

A: Long version: Honestly, getting stuck works differently for everyone and it really depends on each person. For me personally, I got writer's/art block because I was pushing myself way too hard and eventually reached a breaking point. So instead of overcoming it, I kind of just had to accept it. I took a long break to remind myself why I do what I want to do, and slowly eased back into it with fresh ideas.

For art, I started out just mindlessly doodling and playing with friends on whiteboard. Then after some "very philosophical discussions" with a certain someone, I just... rolled with it. Simple concepts, maybe a character design, nothing too detailed just to get me started.

Short version: DON'T RUSH YOURSELF AND FIND WAYS TO REMOTIVATE YOURSELF! LOOK FOR FRESH IDEAS AND DO WHAT YOU DO BEST!

The goal is always to enjoy and have pride in what you make.

Arrowfern

Q: Does Confederate have any importance to Ame's backstory? Do you have any art of Confederate and America?

A: When it comes to Confederate, nothing is set in stone. Yes, they play a role in America's upbringing though not as a person. More as an inner demon whom he has been battling with all his life, even now.

(Confederate is important to the founding of Sunfire but more on this later)

(Yeah Ame is not the most mentally stable but that is to be expected at this point)

As for art... no. I do not have art of them yet. Might make some in the future though-

Dreamey-Skies

Q: What did you do to be able to find a suitable art style and sticking with it?

A: This must be a trick question because if you ask me, an art style will forever be changing and that isn't necessarily a bad thing! You will naturally stick to "it" when you are satisfied with your art style. If it's changing, that means you are looking to improve and that is good. Your art style is still out there, just waiting to be found.

But if you want to start with a base style, all I can offer is:

-DRAWDRAWDRAWDRAWDRAW

-Experiment as much as you need

-Find inspiration in others:

Don't be afraid to take bits and pieces that you like about other people's art styles! As long as it feels right and you are happy with it, it's possible that you can make it your own. That's how I started out actually. Looking back at my old art, I can clearly see whom I was trying to "imitate."

Of course, the key words here are "bits and pieces." In the end, the inspiration should eventually evolve into your own individual art style. Do not try to copy or trace everything– it helps no one.

This is all based purely on my own experience. Do what feels right for you!

DireAge