Short AU Writing Piece +

Might finish later

Might finish later... It's a fun AU idea I cooked up some time ago. But now it's taking up too much storage in my brain so imma toss it here and forget about it.

*very unpolished passage coming up*

(NOBODY POV)

The idea that greater, unseen beings controlled the passage of everyday events was not an unimaginable one. Most people could imagine it, but not many believed it. But from the skies, deities would take care of nearly every aspect of human life while maintaining a distance from their scope of reality to remain hidden. Even so, the two sides that divided reality stayed relatively far apart, neither one was willing to reach into the other. 

At least, that was the case until one faithful day, where the barriers of  accepted truth would be shattered for one mortal to peek through, into the world beyond.

"I spy with my little eye... A PROPOSAL!"

Russia shot to his feet and ran to the railing as he glanced at the place where his colleague was pointing. Sure enough, a shimmering aura enveloped two young mortals as the man got onto one knee, offering the other the ultimate testament of their affection. The young woman's eyes widened and tears of bliss flowed down their face as they couldn't believe their eyes. Beautiful fireworks shimmered all around them and though they were only visible to the winged ones crouched upon the rooftop, it was clear that something beautiful was created right then and there.

Russia always enjoyed watching the those fireworks go off, something mortals seemed to call, love at first sight. After a person is shot with a Cupid's arrow, their lives would be entangled in a series of events that would eventually lead them to their significant other. No one ever knew what would happen or who they would be looking for until they would ultimately meet. And when they did, the arrow stuck on them would burst in a flurry of colors and shapes, unique to every person.

Russia never grew tired of watching them but right now, they had other missions to complete.

"Alright that's enough of a break for you," the Russian sighed as he hauled the other cupid to their feet, "We still have three more targets to find before the day is over."

"Awwww c'mon, I wanted to watch a bit longer! It's not everyday you see such a pure display." Russia rolled his eyes as he readjusted his quiver and stretched his wings.

With a quick scan of the area below, they leapt off the roof of the building and rode the air currents that lifted them higher. With a couple powerful flaps from his white feathered wings, he soared over the clouds and picked up momentum.

"We have to hurry so try to keep up!" he exclaimed to his partner before racing ahead at terrific speeds.