First Intermission: Neve's circle widens

Jessica worked quietly for the next week. She was staying, unofficially, with Neve on a temporary basis. by Wednesday her nerves settled somewhat until a couple of her sorority sisters came by the dry cleaners.

It had been remarkably slow, even for a Wednesday. Neve had already sent a couple of girls home, and it was just her and Jessica when Michelle 'Candy' Caine and Shelly Brock timidly pushed through the 'in' door. Jessica gasped and scampered to the office. Neve came out and stood at the counter. Candy spoke first. "Are you, um are you the um the woman Jessica brought to the mixer?" she asked meekly. "I'm Neve. What can I do for you ladies?" Neve replied coolly. Shelly spoke. "If you see Jessica, would you tell her something? Cissy has gone completely ballistic. Somebody called the national chapter on her. They say they're investigating. University, too. Cissy decided Jessica did it, although God knows she has enough enemies...can't say I blame her if she did. But she's gotta lay low. Cissy's completely unhinged and she's dangerous. Just... tell her to stay safe, okay?" Jessica came out of the office. "I will Candy, thank you." Candy's eyes grew large and she rushed to her and hugged her for dear life. "Oh my god, I'm so glad you're okay!" Jessica's face was a mask of confusion. "You went missing... Cissy... we didn't know if she had done something... everybody was afraid to say anything..." she began sobbing with relief. Neve glanced uncomfortably between them and Shelly. Shelly grimaced, and nodded at Neve. "I think we all need to talk"