trouble

KC POV:

I fell back into my bed, exhausted from the mission I completed. I glace at the time. 2 am. I groan. Before falling asleep, Darien's face lingered in my brain. His light brown skin and charming smile, his body, himself. I blushed at the thoughts of our conversations earlier, and how we almost kissed. I imagine how it would feel like to kiss him as my eyes shut and drift to sleep.

'KC!KC!ALERT!' My bracelet screamed at me as I frantiqually awoke.

'KC reporting. What's wrong?' 

'Remember those drug dealers from last night? They somehow got a hold of your personal information, and there's more; they got the information of half of the spies in your district. Your mission: figure out who has leaked the information.'

'Will do' I double-clicked my bracelet to sign off from communications, and sighed heavily. The bad guys know everything about me now.  I quickly go to my computer and find everyone in my district. Ryan, Kelly, Polly and Calvin. It seems like all of their information has been stolen. I research a little further. Names, addresses, family ties have all been shared to an unknown source. Who could've done this? Could it be? Zane? Brett? My thoughts are inturrupted by a message from an unknown number. 

'Hey. You aren't in class, everything alright?' I gasp. Oh no. The bad guys have tracked me?

'Who are you?' I text back. I track the phone number by using some simple hacking skills Ernie taught me. The phone that is texting me is in a Harvard classroom. 

'uhh Darien. Don't you still have my number from tutoring?' 

'OH! Sorry Darien' I wipe the sweat off my forehead. I need to stop being so paranoid. I check my phone and sighed. Read. He left me on read. How could I continue this conversation with him? He probably thinks I'm a total jerk now.

'Well look how the tables have turned. Do you think we can meet up and you can explain everything I've missed?' I text him.

'WOOOWWW asking for my help now? Guess we know who was the genius all along..'

'Don't flatter yourself. Marissa is out. You can come to my place after the lecture is over' I respond and close my phone. I smile. I've missed our banter, more than I think I should. 

Darien POV:

As soon as Ms. Marks finished her lecture, I ran over to KC's dorm room. The fact that I was going into her room for the first time since we were dating made my stomach turn to knots. I gulp as I knock on her door.

'Hello Darien' she says simply, smiling at me.

'Are you ready for your tutor lesson? Letting you know now that my rate is 100 dollars an hour' I smirk back at her. She moves her body out of the way so I could walk in. I look around, noticing the cleanliness. Their main room was very tidy, it had a small beige sofa, a coffee table with nothing cluttered on it, and a couple of lamps and plants scattered around. 

'Nice place' I exclaim. KC silently sits on the sofa and looks up at me, smirking mischeivously. That smirk is something I've missed. That's when I notice her outfit. The over-sized shirt she is wearing was something I leant her back in highschool. I study the way it falls on certain curves of her body. I look away, before becoming completely lost in her again.

'That's my shirt you're wearing' I point out, looking around the room. 

'Oh is it? I had no idea' I can feel her smirk getting larger.

'Anyways' I clear my throat and sit down next to her, still unable to hold eye contact. 'Ms.Marks assigned our first group project. A therotical problem of how to hack using algebra. I  don't know why we'd using hacking in a math class, but that's college for you. And lucky for you, I have no friends in that class, so guess who you're stuck with!' I paused to amplify dramatic effect. 'ME!'

KC rolled her eyes at me. She grabbed the papers from my hand and read over what needed to get done for the project. 

'I have an idea' KC states. Wiggling her eyebrows at me. 

KC POV:

Darien and I ended up working on the project for the rest of the day, and we still were only half way done. I could not understand why Ms.Marks wanted us to use hacking as our project. I remember my mission. Could this be linked? 

'So if we convert the x on this program..' Darien spoke out loud. He looked at me with those big eyes. I couldn't help but blush. A part of me just wanted to feel his lips on mine, his body pressed up against mine. I shifted around in my seat. I bit my lip and stared at him. He stared back, almost as if he was reading my mind. Suddenly, my bracelet started buzzing. Darien looked away from me and started to examin my bracelet. I panicked. I started acting as if I was having a coughing fit and ran to the bathroom. Whew. I double-tapped the piece to see what was happening. 

'Kelly Peters. Found dead in her apartment near Harvard university. 30 years of age. Cause of death: murder' My eyes grew wide. Tears started running down my face. My breathing quickened and my heart was beating harder. I found the nearest wall and slide down to crattle myself. Kelly, one of the spies with her information leaked was found dead. The possible motives in my brain were as follows:

Zane & Brett: hated cooper family, brett mad because I broke things off with him, mad enough to get my attention through any means possible, family of pyschos

Ms. Marks: reasons unknown, trying to get power ?

I couldn't possible assume anyone else was in on this. Then I remembered that Brett's mother was never in his life. Zane, his dad, was always in love with her, but she never bothered coming back to them. Brett always said she had bigger plans. What if these were her bigger plans? Ms. Marks did seem like she had the same nose as Brett. Is Ms.Marks Brett's mother? Is their family out to get all of the spies? Are they targetting me? I did a quick search in the organization's database for 'ms.marks' and one peculiar article came out. She used to work for the organization, as a janitor. A janitor in the main headquaters has access to all of the rooms. She could've easily stolen a key and used it to leak the information of some spies. Which could possibly mean she was the information of all the spies in the organization. I quiver at the thought of more spies dying. I needed to stop this. I type out my theory and send it into headquaters. As I was about to text my parent's I heard a knock at the door. 

'KC? Are you okay?' Darien's voice seemed nervous and sympathetic. 

'Yeah, sorry, I just needed to calm myself down. The project was getting too exciting.' I respond, wiping my eyes that were full of tears. I look in the mirror to make sure it doesn't look like I've been crying. I take a deep breath and open the door. On the other side, Darien is studying my face. He looks me up and down a couple times before nodding his head and sitting back down.