awkward meeting again...

- 2 years later -

Kc POV:

"Mom! Dad! Will you please hang up now?? I have my first class to go to! Ok! Love you too! Goodbye" I exclaimed into the phone.

Ever since I set up my dorm at Harvard, my parents (and Ernie) have been constantly pestering me about the university experience. Not to mention marissa who somehow made it into Harvard as well (don't ask me how, just ask Ernie if you know what I mean). Luckily, marissa and I are in a dorm together though we barely see each other because of our conflicting schedules (aka She parties and I don't).

"Alright Marissa I'm heading off to my first class I'll see you later? For dinner?" I pondered.

"No no, we are both going to our first party together after you get back!!" She sang. I rolled my eyes. Maybe if I said yes just this once, she'd never let me go again. I slowly nodded my ahead in acceptance.

"Perfect! I'll pick up a dress for you" she exclaimed.

"Marissa, you and I both know that I am NOT wearing a dress. Like always, I will be rocking my flannel" I stated.

"KC! we are in college now!! No more flannel! You need a new style. And it starts with a dressss" She rebutted. I rolled my eyes and checked the time.

"Great! Now I'm only going to be 5 minutes early to my next class! Thanks a lot marissa!" I said walking out of the dorm.
////////////////////////////////////////////

Darien POV:

"Man I'm only here for the football screw classes. Ayo but there's a party later you in?" My roommate, Brian asked.

He and I have been friends since high school since we were on the football team together. I used to be like him and only care about the game but ever since kc.. I've focused more on academics and here I am, about to head off to my first college math class.

"DARIEN?? YOU IN OR NOT BRO?" He yelled punching my side.

"Yeah bro whatever I'll be there ima head to class now" I said walking away.
////

I scoured around campus before finding my class and taking a seat in the back row, far away from any one else. I made it just on time so there were around 30 people in the class. Most were my age but I swear I saw a 50 yr old in one of the seats. I look around for the professer until I spot, what seems to be KC's long brown hair. No way that the girl who broke my teenage heart is at Harvard. In my class. A couple feet away from me. I shake my head and gulp, my eyes can't seem to stop staring at her hair. I could tell she could feel me staring because just then, she turned her head and I pretended to be clueless and look away. From the corner of my eye, I could see KC's jaw drop.

"ALL RIGHT CLASS!!"
Oh thank god I said to myself.
I looked at the front of the class and saw what seemed to be 40yr old tanned woman speaking. She had light curls and barely any wrinkles. She dressed with animal prints and leather boots. Definitely not what you would think an math professor looks like.

"I'm ms Marks and I will be your mathematics professor. In this class, there will be a lot of partner work, especially the final project in which you must create your ideal life with, you guessed it, mathematics. The best team will win extra points in my class and will get a year of free food from our very own culinary staff. Now, let the games begin. But first, algebra!"
////////////////////////////////////////////

KC POV:

After ms marks dismissed us, I immediately called marissa and tried to sprint out of the classroom. Seeing Darien completely shattered my heart because it reminded me of the sad, lonely day when I left him. I couldn't bare to talk to him because it would be so embarrassing! like no way in hell am I doing that.

"Yes KC what's up? I didn't think you'd be this excited for the partyyy" She sung in my ear again.

I angrily whispered back. "Marissa! Darien! Darien is in my class! Get me out of here! Where are you?"

"OMG!! The Darien?? The only guy who was actually good for you and you broke his heart?? THAT Darien?" Marissa asked.

"Yes marissa THAT Darien! I'm currently speed walking outside of campus, are you going to pick me up so we can actually talk?" I spoke normally.

"Yeah yeah ok, but by the way, I'm bringing the dress that you NEED to wear to the party" she reminded me.

"Ok fine. As long as I don't see Darien everything will be ok" I reassured myself.

"Great I'm at the south parking lot? Or no maybe it's the North parking lot?" Marissa asked herself.

"Dont worry I see you, and it's the east parking lot marissa, the east."