Part 8

A/N so basically I decided to skip forward a few years. Nothing has really changed much except that they are all done with foxfire. The neverseen are also now defeated, and all arrested, their minds broken in exile.

So for the new characters name I pronounce Alaya (UH- LAY- YUH) but my friend thinks it sounds better as (AY-LAY-YUH) so however you want to pronounce it is fine.

"Hey, hon" Keefe said behind her, kissing the top of her head. She and Keefe had been dating for three years and were perfectly happy.

"Hey, can we go to Atlantis today?" She asked "I need to shop for Dex and Biana's wedding gift"

"Sure thing, babe" he sat down next to her "I need to get them something too, their wedding is next week"

"The only thing i'm worried about is Fitz being there" she pulled out an itchy eyelash-her nervous habit- " you know he's engaged now"

"Really?" Keefe wondered aloud "what's her name?"

"Alaya Cantros his number 3 match"

"Oh yeah, she was a level ahead at foxfire" Keefe remembered "how do you know all this?"

"Okay get this, yesterday, a scroll arrived, were invited to the wedding," Sophie cringed at the thought "he says he wants to apologize?"

"Should we go?" Keefe worried "he was so horrible to you, even at your elite levels at foxfire he didn't talk to you in the hall,"

"Well, we should at least talk to him at B's wedding" she reasoned

"Fine but if he ever hurts you again-" he said, but he was interrupted by Sophie putting a finger over his lips then when he was silent she moved her finger she gave him a little kiss.

"I love you, Sophie, more than you'll ever know"

"I love you more" she argued

"But, you see that's not possible because I love you so much that I wouldn't know what to do without you"

With that they leaned in and kissed

Sophie rumpled his hair and got up

"Lets go shopping"

__________

"Oooh Biana would love this!" Sophie squealed

She heldup a beautiful silver necklace with little icicle like diamonds dangling down from it. The center crystal was a beautiful pastel pink color.

"Great, Dex would love these"

he lifted up a bunch of gadgets. In his hands were a null, an imparter, an obscurer, an addler and a spyball.

In his other hand he held a little notecard with Keefe's loopy writing that said "happy wedding gadget boy, make a cool new gadget and call it the Biana, the ladies love a grand gesture, just ask Foster"

Keefe winked at her "Just admit it Foster, I'm a genius"

"Smartest guy I know" She whispered in his ear, kissing his cheek.

________

Dex and Biana's wedding was beautiful. Edaline had let the two borrow Brant and Jolie's wedding decorations.

The room sparkled with flying butterflies and lots of lace hanging from the pergola, along with beautiful flowers and vines.

Sophie headed to the back, where Biana was getting ready with Linh, Marella and, a girl she didn't recognize. Sophie knew this was Alaya, one of her fellow bridesmaids.

Alaya, Linh and Marella headed to a room in the back to change into their beautiful bridesmaids dresses.

Linh's was the same blue as her sparkling eyes, while marella's was a glimmering pastel purple, Alaya's was a shiny, shimmering gray green. "Sophie's was a ombré blue to purple and had panakes flowers woven into the bodice.

"Hi, im Alaya" she smiled "im Fitz's Fiancée"

"Oh, congratulations. Im Sophie, Biana's best friend, Fitz's ex girlfriend and ex best friend. We used to be inseparable, we were even cognates but we got in a big fight 3 years ago and we both hold a grudge. Let's just say our relationship is a long story"

"well i'd love to hear it. Fitz talks about you all the time."

"Really? Well, okay then. So, im part of this plan called project moonlark, I was basically made in a lab, I was raised by humans, Fitz's father sent Fitz on this thing called the Sophie search, Fitz basically found me, took me to the elvin world, we were best friends, I was kidnapped, Fitz saved my life, Fitz and I got into an argument, we made up, we almost died healing fintan pyren's mind, we ran away to the black swan, got banished, became cognates, my current boyfriend ran away to join the neverseen, my human family got taken, Fitz and I helped find them, we almost got killed together, recovered, dated, broke up because he pressured me, then the more recent things, We were playing truth or dare, Biana dared me to confess my crush, i said Keefe, I kissed Keefe in front of Fitz , Fitz freaked out, Fitz caught Keefe and I making out when we were searching a library, Keefe and I were number 1 on each other's lists, Fitz screamed, insulted me, I cried, Inflicted on him, we got in another fight, we said we were done with each other, Keefe and I got together, 3 years later we haven't talked to Fitz at all, then he suddenly invites me to his wedding and.... Here we are at his sister's wedding a few weeks before his wedding.

"Wow....." Alaya mumbled

"Yup" we all said "It's been an interesting 7 years"

————-

After the ceremony Biana threw her bouquet into the crowd. Surprisingly, Sophie caught it.

"Aaah, you know what the bouquet means, foster. So, who here are you going to marry?"

"Well, he has great hair, he's really good looking, soft hands, his name rhymes with leaf and he's about to get kissed" she said leaning in to kiss him

"Oh, so your going to marry ME?" He asked when they leaned out

"I plan on it" she decided

"Well, no time like the present" he smiled and bent down on one knee, pulling out a small box "Sophie Elizabeth Foster, I love you more than you will ever know, and it would be my honor to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?"

She gasped "oh, Keefe" she started to cry "of course i'll marry you" he slipped the ring onto her finger as she pulled him in and kissed him.

The crowd cheered, Biana, Linh, Marella, and, surprisingly, Alaya ran in and fangirled.

"Wanna be my bridesmaids?" She giggled

"Even me?" Alaya asked

"Definitely" She decided "I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot more of you" she gushed gesturing her head towards where Fitz and Keefe were hugging and, shockingly, crying.

She walked over to them

"Can I talk to you?" I asked Fitz, tears forming in my eyes "Fitz, im so sorry. I should have been more sensitive toward your feelings, I knew you liked me and I kind of broke your heart and then stomped on it"

"No, Sophie, im sorry. I had no right to talk to you like that. I was just so jealous. I know I never should have reacted like that though. Its no excuse. And, thank you, you led me to finding the love of my life", he said gesturing to Alaya.

"Friends?" He asked

"Friends" she confirmed

"Hug?" He asked

"Hug" she giggled, pulling him in.

"I've missed you Sophie." He whispered, placing his chin on the top of her head. 

She wasn't sure how to answer to that, but then deciding to embrace the hug, resting her head in his shirt.

"Me too, Fitz, Me too."