Chapter 3: Omotenashi

If it hadn't been Harada who caught you, you'd be dead. With the way he's kept quiet, you wonder if he would have let you get away with murder too. Not only did he not say anything about your escape attempt but also bought you some time and, as a result, Kondou could save you... Actually, he wasn't the only one you should've been thankful to. You were thankful to all of them. Well, except for Souji and Hijikata who surely would have no regrets if you happened to kick the bucket here and now. They hadn't exactly made it a secret that they didn't need you alive.

Anyway, it seemed like the former misunderstandings were less important now, even if you could still feel the unpleasant gaze of your wannabe killer on yourself, and you could start anew. They invited you to the same room they had a conversation earlier as not to waste time.

the boy and the man in the headband entered the room, barely able to stay still. You were wondering why did they bother so much if you were to return home soon anyway.

The man, previously called by Harada "Shinpachi", opened the mouth and was about to say something with a big grin when someone interrupted him.

"I'm Toudou Heisuke. I'm in charge of the eighth division!" He did it with such a pride and confidence that you've begun to wonder if he really wasn't telling the truth... But it was impossible, right? The cult or not, no one could be in charge of anything at this age. He had to be seventeen or less for sure.

"Hey, Heisuke! I'm supposed to be first!" The man with the burgundy hair huffed and, using the opportunity of standing right next to him, took his companion in the headlock and started to mess with his hair. He looked like a sympathetic person but you would thankfully give up the idea to switch places with the juvenile and test that seemingly iron grasp. "Not nice! Didn't anyone teach you to respect your elders?"

The boy couldn't avoid the man's attack and with a miserable face, he bravely endured the moment of torture. Though a minute later, he made an attempt to free himself.

"It's not my fault you were as slow as a snail!", the youngster protested, trying to escape the firm hold again but with no success. "Besides, I'm younger, so I should've been the first one! And you complain a lot, just what one would expect from an old prick like you!" He grinned contrarily, enjoying the fact that, despite not possessing the same strength as the bigger man, he could at least repay him with a few words.