Chapter 5: Yasuragi

When you finally left the building, you felt the evening wind on your skin

When you finally left the building, you felt the evening wind on your skin. You welcomed it with the pleasure. While it was cold and caused you the goosebumps, it was this rare time when you were actually grateful for it. The atmosphere during the meal was so daunting... You had a feeling you'd choke out so you had no other choice but to quickly finish your meal. Thankfully, no one bothered to drag the topic so you could finally slip out in peace. At least that's what you thought.

You sat on the railing, looking up from your eyes half-open on the moon standing high on the sky. Funnily enough, despite your journey to Kyoto from Tokyo, it was one thing that's never changed. No matter the era, the moon has always remained the same. You knew about it because... Because it wasn't the first time when you were staring at it. You were doing it for so many, many years, you've managed to perfectly memorize its shape and the distance between you two. Some people were fascinated by stars but you weren't that much interested in them. You knew what happens with them when they fall.

You made yourself even more comfortable on the railing Still, you were careful as not to deflect and land unceremoniously on the floor. Maybe the fall wouldn't be that much painful but it was just about you wanting to keep the remnants of your pride. The cool air made you calm down a bit so you dropped off a short loud sigh. You should come back to your room. Otherwise, the merry crew who witnessed your momentary irritation, will report everything to the three big fish of the Shinsengumi and the interrogation will happen again.

Your body bounced back from the railing and you instantly turned. You ready to go to your room when you bumped into someone of the impressive body. You almost gave yourself a bump landing face-straight into someone's hard chest.

"W-what...?!" You drew back, raising your mad glance on the culprit. It was true that you zoned out and it was partially your fault. Yet, you didn't want to lose up to someone else. It was better if no one to stood in your way.

You saw golden eyes and wildly red hair and you immediately understood who did you bumped into. You scratched your neck awkwardly. You could've guessed who would it be. You didn't know them very well but the one thing you were sure about was that there were people called Harada and Okita who would've followed you until death. Harada, probably because he liked you, that was why he was gentle with you so often. Okita, because he hated you with passion and would've never give up any chance to assert his domination. Lucky you for meeting the first one.