~Toxic~ (Maria x Nine)

Before we start just wanna say this is if Maria was a bitch, I actually really like her after the explanation in chapter 91. Please no hate if you still hate her.
Let's gooooo!!!!
__________________

Nine Pov

BANG!

Shit. My leg's bleeding a lot now. I turned to the smiling pink haired girl in front of me.

'I've secured the target.'

I threw fire in her direction as she dodged.

'So you're gonna burn me afterall~?'

*After Maria's 'explanation'*

'I'm not going to make the mistake of killing someone again!'

Maria's whole expression changed. A scowl imprinted on her lips as she got up and toke out her gun.

'Why didn't you just go find Atlas hm!? This would've been sooo much easier! I could've followed you, watch you run away then shot! You IDIOT! You really have no brains do ya!? I get why Atlas abandoned you now! You're useless!'

Those words stung like knifes. She hadn't changed it was all an act. From the start. I guess I really was useless. A burden.

'Not talking back are we? I'll just shoot you in the shoulder and let you bleed out. I'll take ya when you go unconscious. So be a dear and go to sleep~.'

BANG!

My shoulder began to bleed heavily. I couldn't burn her. I just couldn't. Maybe I should just give up...

Her eyes narrowed, as she looked up at Annie. Annie nodded as she stood up and left me there.

'Don't move from there Nine.'

I froze at her threatening words.

'Annie'll come for you in a minute. For now I gotta stop the other two from burning to a crisp.'

Two? I didn't have time to think about it. I slowly tried to get up.

'I said DON'T MOVE'

Her stern voice made me stop in my tracks.

'What are ya gonna do bout it?'

I watched her smile devilishly.

'I'll kill him.'

Was all she said. Him who?

Sands?

Iantis?

Lato?

Viis?

Deus?

Otto?

Sete?

...

...Atlas?

My head snapped to her direction.

'I won't if you be a good puppy~♡'

I growled as she skipped away, not needing a reply.

I needed to go. But if I did, Atlas would die...

I looked down.

She couldn't- wouldn't-

Hades would kill her.

But...what if she did?

I couldn't risk it.

The figure of Annie appeared above me.

'Ready to go Nine?'

I laid there in defeat. I could do nothing.

I really am useless.

I watched as people surrounded me, put on suppressants. I backed out eventually.

When my eyes opened, there was the beast I'd tried to hide from for so long.

'Ready to go do some testing, Nine~♡?'

I couldn't escape it. It was over.

I'd never be free...

From this reality...

___________________________

462 words!!!!!

Yasssssssss!!!!!

Have a good day y'alls♡