~What an absolute fool~ (Sita & Atlas)

I'm working on a Fyra and Deus one but I sincerely need more motivation for it. Sita's a good character so I'm doing one on her while I try to finish the Deus and Fyra one. Get mad at me for using Atlas again a different time, kay? Also this is like based on the these two characters interaction at the gala, so yea. Also it Sita's point of view. Its also really short. Enjoy:)
_____________________________
What is the true meaning of selflessness?

Sita still remembered as children how they would always talk like there wasn't something going on outside of the place.

Like there wasn't a war going on.

That always made her feel vastly uncomfortable.

She could still taste the hot cocoa that Vesta had made, the marshmallows that were soggy from being dipped in the liquid. Sita found it slightly unsettling now, looking back.

Atlas was never there.

Even back then she found it wrong to enjoy anything while he was elsewhere.

She knew that he was most likely in some kind of pain from the tests.

That was a given.

But it always made her uncomfortable thinking that he could be in pain while they were there all cozy and nice.

Fyra said she cared too much.

But now Sita was starting to think maybe she cared too little.

It had always haunted her from the start, but everytime she tried to move forward she remembered Hades' terrified face as he left the room, Atlas covered in blood and Nince frozen in the block of ice. It struck her as impossible at first, she was on too much shock to process it.

It was at that moment she realized she didn't know Atlas.

She knew Fyra, Nine, Otto, Deus, Hiru, Viis and Sete.

Not Atlas. Never Atlas.

To this day, as both Nine and Atlas stood before her, grown up, wearing suits, and yet she still couldn't say that she knew both. Because she never knew Atlas.

Why he went to War for people he techincally didn't know either? She wasn't sure herself.

What a fool

She used to think.

What an absolute fool.

Words were hard to form as she looked at the people in front of her.

They... they looked so old she supposed?

It felt like she didn't even know them anymore.

Nine had gotten out of the block of ice, Atlas had well stopped being chased after by the military.

Technically good then right?

'I...um...how are you?'

'What do you mean?'

The glint in Nine's eyes. It told her that she didn’t know anything anymore. This wasn't someone she knew. Sita's gaze fell to the floor as she had blocked off all themes of conversations in her mind. Why was Nine acting so strange towards her? And why was Atlas not saying anything? She wanted to die, simply just standing there.

'Sita, we have things to discuss.'

Even as a child, Atlas had been so grownup. It felt wrong for her to see him as no longer thr little boy he once was. She looked up at him once more, his facial features stern, yet she still couldn't stop seeing him as the sane boy who's gone to war for people he didn't know.

That gaze of both worry and harshness. That's what broke her.

So that's what it is.

She felt something inside her calm down as she finally understood. Her question finally answered.

That there is the definition of a fool.
________________________
609 words

Told you it was short.