one.

⚠️ Disclaimer: This is a fictional work. Any events, characters, or occurrences mentioned are a product of the author's imagination. Furthermore, the real-life scenarios recounted are completely coincidental.

Remind yourself that this is an alternate universe—don't take it too seriously and learn how to distinguish the difference in real life. What stays in Wattpad, stays in Wattpad. Happy? Happy.

✎...

The days are growing faster and the time is becoming shorter. Elections are fast approaching, and Vice President Leni Robredo and her running mate, Senator Kiko Pangilinan, as well as their senator slates and staff, are as frantic as ever.

It was a difficult task, attending to all sorties in different locations far apart while conducting her duties as Vice President. Nonetheless, she did not give up and continued to pursue her devotion to making a concerted effort for every Filipino.

When she takes a short break, she goes home to unwind. Yes, the home that meant her three daughters, who made her feel complete and are the reason she lives.

However, there is just one individual who floods her consciousness on a daily basis.

She can feel delicate eyes staring at her whenever she speaks to her supporters, presenting her speech to all attendees at the rally as if she's the only person there in the latter's world.

That gaze jerked her body around, causing it to shudder. Perhaps she was overwhelmed, but Leni's peripheral vision will come to a halt when her mouth forms a smile.

Thinks about the woman who stared at her for how long while she sat down and attempted to listen to the performers and the cheering audience screaming at the top of their throats.

"Bakit ginugulo mo pa rin ang aking isipan, Ana."

Seemingly out of her thoughts, she accidentally spoke it out loud, luckily the loud music was blasting out and no one heard it. Leonor umayos ka, straighten your posture and function properly. She constantly reminded herself to remain calm, but how? Not when she's at a place breathing the same air with the person she ghosted a long time ago—the person that had first caught her heart before her widowed husband.

"I was so scared to face my fears

Nobody told me that you'd be here

And I'd swear you moved overseas

That's what you said when you left me

You still look like a movie

You still sound like a song

My God, this reminds me, of when we were young"

✎...

1982.

Back in her high school days, Leonor was a "study first" girl and promised to herself that she won't get attached to romance until the age of 20. She excels in academics, therefore she has no doubts. Not only did she make her parents proud, but nearly everyone in her hometown idolized her.

She had crushes or would frequently fawn over a celebrity. In her personal relationships, she found no romantic interest. Perhaps she isn't interested in men.

Girls, in particular.

What had made it difficult for her to consider her sexuality? There were a few LGBT+ people during the time. Because the generation was not well-educated in terms of learning who they truly are, they stayed heterosexuals. But is she even straight to begin with?