part 1

janie

it was another boring day at school, i was sitting in the front and i heard chuck and ray arguing with this really small kid, adam.

i remembered Adam, he was my best friend in like kindergarten and 1st grade. I don't know what happened, but we were now 14 and a lot has changed.

(ik he's 12 in the movie but i wanna write this more "adulty" and i don't want them to be 12)

mrs. smith announced a new project. great. i'll have to admit, i'm kinda popular around here. that asshole Ray totally has the hots for me. I'm also quite certain that chuck does too, but they're just ew.

"Janie, i'd like you to partner up with Adam for this project!"mrs. smith said.

i looked over at my friend madeline, and she rolled her eyes, and said "ew adam." i thought that was hella mean, adam was funny and honestly kinda cute. he certainly wasn't bad looking. he had nice blonde hair that was fluffy enough but not too short (this is so hard for guys!) and brown eyes. brown eyes were my WEAKNESS.

"mrs. smith, i think you got some stuff wrong. you cant pair janie with adam. his scientist dads dead anyways so how's he gonna help her with the project?" Ray stood up and said.

I turned around and gasped , "Ray, stop that! Really, stop it. I don't wanna be your partner, you're just mean!" I yelled. Great, everyone was looking at me.

Adam just kinda smiled at me and I looked away. "Ray, we do not tolerate that in here, apologize or leave the class." mrs smith said.

Ray just rolled his eyes and did nothing, same with Mrs. Smith.

Adam got up and left the classroom. I felt bad for him. I got up and followed, I wanted to see if he was alright. I had ti go talk ti him anyways, he's my partner on this science project!

I turned and decided to head over to the restroom to wash off my face, as it was really warm in that classroom. As i was walking i heard steps behind me.

I turned around and saw Ray. Great!!

"What do you want Ray? Can you just leave me alone?" i said snobbishly.

"Listen, i'm popular, you're popular, you're pretty and i'm attractive-" he started.

i BURST out laughing, "you're attractive?! please! listen Ray, i'm not interested. Go hit on Mrs. Smith!" i laughed as i tried to turn around.

I felt his sweaty hand grab my wrist all tight, and i saw his buddy chuck coming near us.

"Ray! Stop! Get your hands off me!" I struggled as i tried to pull away.

He started backing me up into the wall near a closet and then took both of my arms so i couldn't fight him.

"Ray, seriously stop this! Let me g-" i started to yell as his smelly hand was on my face.

Chuck was already behind Ray and had an evil look on his face.

oh no.

i started to hear rubbing footsteps but i couldn't see who it was over Rays giant stinky hand.

"Just shut up and it'll be over with okay?" Chuck said.

"Jesus Chuck, did you order, like, a bully starter kit or something on amazon?" Adam said.

Adam? i thought.

Ray got startled and shoved me forcefully. I went flying off of my feet and hit my head on the water fountain.

I laid on the floor for a minute while i waited for my head to stop hurting, by this time i saw a very nervous adam against the wall.

i got up, but Ray had already punched poor adam and he was on the floor. "Hey, Ray!" I said, he looked over to me and i punched him in the face.

Now i tell you, he started WAILING. I mean it, i really do. Chuck ran away so fast, and Rays face was all bloody. I looked down at my fist and saw all my crystal wire rings. Those were pointy.

I helped adam up, "thanks a lot. that was like embarrassing for me. i dunno what they were gonna do." i said.

"yeah, same to you." he said awkwardly.

"JANIE! ADAM! PRINCIPLES OFFICE NOWWWWWW!" Mrs. Smith SCREAMED.

I angrily walked down to the office by adam, but he stopped in the middle of the hallway and grabbed something out of his pocket and puffed it.

I guess he has asthma.

"That fucker, Ray." I muttered.

"Yeah, he wants to 'fucker'"  he laughed, "her being you." he laughed again.

"yeah, yeah i got it the first time." i laughed a bit.

"so, how bout that project?" i asked.

"uh, well i guess my mom will be here soon so i could ask her if you can come over later, not like anyone will be home anyways." he said.

"alright." i said.

"get your phone, i'll put in my number now." i said.

"oh no, that's fi-" he said.

"no no really! it's alright. let me just put it in!" i said.

"no- no need for that!" he laughed weirdly.

i just snatched his phone and typed in my number, though it was already a contact and said 'janie :)' i acted like i didn't see it and lied and said, "alright! it's added, text me later!" i finished.

i walked into the principals with adam and kinda explained the situation so he wouldn't have to.

"adam, we expect this behavior from you, but janie?! really?" the principal said.

"wow, dude did you not hear what i just said about ray trying to make out with me and shit?" i scoffed.

adam widened his eyes and tried to keep in a giggle. 

"don't use such foul language janie!" the principal shrieked.

"yeah yeah, save it." i rolled my eyes.

i exited the room after hearing my sentence of a 3-day suspension (it was the same as adam's)

3 days off won't be bad. i know i won't do much, it'll be nice!

i sat out and waited for my mom to come get me. adam's mom then burst in and scolded him, he looked so embarrassed in front of me.

"dude, don't be so embarrassed. that's about to happen to me in- " i was cut off by my mom stomping in.

"JANIEEEEE!" she screeched.

"lovely mother!" i teased.

adam laughed a bit. "is this the asshole punk that got you suspended?!" my mom yelled.

"mom, stop, it's just adam." i said, hoping she'd remember him.

"oh, okay." she said as she walked in the office.

"i'm sorry bout her, and ray and everything!"