part 4

wow, thank you guys so much for making me #1 in the adam project hashtag, as well as the hashtag ' project' i really appreciate it! tysm for 300+ reads! like woah!! it's taking a while to update.. i'm so busy w school. i hope you enjoy :))

adam

she dared me to KISS her?! what? guys, seriously. did i hear that right?

i'm a fucking loser, and she's a 10. i've never even kissed anyone before so what the hell am i to do?

"ha you sure?" i said trying to act all cool.

"don't make me regret it adam." she rolled her eyes.

i freaked out and started to lean in, but just then the power went out and hawking started barking loudly.

we both pulled away and stared at each other awkwardly. "sorry." i muttered.

"no no it's fine.." she said awkwardly.

hawking wouldn't stop barking, he was scratching at the glass door and whining. it was pitch black and stormy outside.

"does he need to go to the bathroom?" janie asked.

that sounded like a logical answer, so i got up, and opened the door for hawking.

he immediately ran like crazy fast right into the forest. i heard janie gulp behind me "great, we're gonna chase after the dog in the creepy forest at night...".

"i- i guess so." i said as i started walking towards the trees, making sure janie was near me.

she was ahead of me. great.

we started running into the forest. i was honestly really scared.

we ran for so long. i was so out of breath. "adam? are you okay?" she asked me.

"uh- yeah i'm great.." i said as i gasped for air.

"do you have your inhaler?" she asked.

i pulled it out and she said "3...2...1 everybody gets a trophy."

i instantly felt better, but i was so puzzled. she remembered? "wait- you remember that?" i asked.

"yeah, cmon adam, i made it up for you in kindergarten. i wouldn't forget that." she said. man, i was glad it was so dark outside. i was smiling a lot. i was certain my cheeks were red as hell too.

"oh yeah, of course not. maybe i forgot cause the asthma doesn't let all the oxygen get to my brain." i teased. she laughed, i mean it was really funny.

after getting deeper and deeper into the night forest, i saw a figure - one of an animal ahead. "janie? h-have you ever seen a wolf before?" i began to weeze.

she turned around to face me "what? why are you asking that- well, like not really. just in pictures. yknow i heard they've spotted some around the town, they haven't hurt anyone yet bu-" she stopped as she saw the dog looking figure with now red glowing eyes about 10 yards ahead of us.

just then we heard a familiar bark come from behind us, hawking! "run!" i shouted, and janie and i booked it. i turned my head to see more wolves on our trail, with gold and red glowing eyes.

"JANIE! FASTER! YOURE FASTER THAN ME!" i yelled, starting to get very very out of breathe. "GO TO THE GARAGE! ITS CLOSER! YOU HAVE TO MOVE THE BLACK STONE TO GET THE KEYPAD, THE CODE IS 0582, okay, again, 0582!" i almost died from lack of oxygen just saying that. i had to run or get eaten by this pack of wolves.

janie had somehow made it to the garage pretty fast and she opened the door and screamed. i got closer and she was already trying to turn around and run, but I saw a hand pull her inside and call the dog in as well. he then shut the door.