part 3

janie

i was over at adam's house and we started talking since we couldn't start the project.

"hey, why did we.. you know stop hanging out?" he asked me sadly.

"oh i don't really know." i said. i was lying. the last time we were good friends was when we were about 8. i was sitting and hugging him on the playground and my older brother, jaden saw. he got so mad and later that night he hit me and kicked me down the stairs.

"it was right after you came back to school with that broken arm." adam added.

oh no, please don't bring this up..

"then i went up to you and asked what happened. yeah. you ignored me. why?" he asked.

"i just.. don't wanna talk about it." i said with tears welling up in my eyes.

"wait, what happened to you? and who did it make you wanna stop being around me?" he asked with a concerned look on his face.

"listen i just don't need to talk about it." i said again.

"who hurt you?" he asked again.

"jaden!" i blurted out, then covered my face. i was gonna be in deep trouble for this. this was something i wasn't ever supposed to talk about. it could ruin our family.

"what?! your brother? why?! wait, what's that gotta do with me?" adam asked.

"i- i dunno. just some day after you and me were hanging out he yelled at me and.. kicked me down the stairs." i cried. "i'm sorry adam i just didn't want that to happen again or for him to hurt you. i don't know why he was bothered by you." i sobbed.

"oh.. janie i'm so sorry. i just can't understand why. i wish you would've told me then. i've missed you these 7 years. it's been.. hard." he said sadly.

"i know, and i'm sorry. i wish i could've been there for you when your dad.." i started. but stopped myself as i didn't wanna make him more sad.

"it's- it's alright." adam choked up.

"so you wanna play T or D?" adam said, trying to change the mood.

"sure, t or d?" i asked him.

"truth." he said.

"okay, you like anyone?" i asked.

his face grew red and he just said, "no, not really. i did like lilian in 7th grade though." he chuckled.

"aww i miss her, i'm sad she moved." i said.

"i take truth by the way!" i said.

"alright, uh same question for you then." he said.

"okay, well you cant tell anyone okay?" i said, and he nodded.

"i've had a crush on Kenny S. for a few years now. Ugh i literally love him!" i squealed.

"Kenny?" adam laughed.

"yeah, what about it." i rolled my eyes.

"oh nothing." he seemed mad, or jealous.

"t or d." i asked him.

"t." he said.

"who do you actually hang out with at school? i never see you anywhere." i said.

"i don't really. you know nobody likes me much." he said.

"well that's not true, i like you. there are people that do. just cause ray and chuck bully you doesn't mean we all hate you." i said.

"do you like being popular?" adam asked.

"no. i don't wanna go out to parties and stuff, but i like have to. i also hate doing my stupid hair every day. i know lots of people wish they were popular but.. i guess it's not for me." i said truthfully.

"i've got no friends and you've got too many. it's funny. you know that's kinda screwed up!i mean, so many people
probably wish they were you or at least the closest thing to it!" adam pointed out. he was right, maybe i was being selfish.

"i dare you to kiss me." i blurted out.

cliffhanger 😏 BUT  THANK YALL SM FOR 80+ reads, like omg?! i'll try to update soon but i'm busy lol :)