part 5

janie!!

he's adam? and he's looking for me? hold up.
what.

"i'm sorry, what?" i laughed.

"listen, i was looking for you. just a different year. all this stuff, well... my plane... okay it's not important. i was trying to get to 2018, but somehow i ended up here." he rolled his eyes.

"ew! you wanted me in 2018? dude i was like 10!" i screeched. what was wrong with older adam?!

"no. ew, no!" he retaliated.

"i'm looking for you, but the my aged version of you, do you get that?" he mocked.

"listen. time travel is real. and i've got to get to janie- i mean you- aghh!" older adam shouted.

"calm down buddy." adam said.

"wait, so why are you looking for me? or older me or whatever." i asked.

"you went missing and i had to figure it out. it's my- uhh- job." older adam said.

he didn't seem too sure about that.

then my phone started to ring. great.

it's my mom.

"hello?" i said as i picked up.

"yes, janie, sweetie, are you okay?" she asked.

"yeah, mom i'm fine.. why?" i said, starting to feel nervous. what did she know?

"okay.. you're still at the reed's house? the power went off out here and the garage door won't open now. i'm afraid i can't pick you up, could you ask Ellie if you can stay over for the night? try to finish that project, will you?" my mom asked.

"here, mom can i call you back? i'll ask. alright, bye." i said.

"you have to sleep over cause of a power outage." older adam said, so i didn't have to explain.

"really creepy. thanks though." i said.

"yeah, adam could i? i'll stay on the couch." i said.

"yeah it's cool i'll ask my mom. i'm sure she'd be glad." he said.

"why did she go missing?" adam asked his older self, trying to make this whole thing less awkward.

"the government.. the company, they're technically the same thing now i guess. i'm not sure why but i have my ideas." he said.

my stomach sank, i mean i was gonna go missing.

"janie's been gone for 4 years." older adam said sadly.

"4 years?!?" adam and i both exclaimed.

"okay but why are you or i mean- I looking for her? Do we like become best friends again?" adam asked himself

"i'd rather not talk about it as i don't want to ruin your own futures. that can happen with time travel." older adam said.

i sort of understood, but what could there be ruined? what was he mad about?

just then, a buzz showed up on adam's phone. it was ellie.

hey adam, i'll be home in a few. do you guys need anything? it's getting late.

"shoot, janie, my moms almost home. dude, you've gotta go." adam told his older self.

"yeah of course. i'll just go in dads garage." he said.

"i wonder how your moms date went." i said.

"with who?" older adam asked.

"derek, from work." adam said as he rolled his eyes.

"who? the one with the mouth mullet?" older adam asked.

i almost snorted, "mouth mullet?!" i cried.

"idiot, do you mean a goatee?" adam laughed.

"yeah, that. whatever. none of them matter. they don't matter." older adam said, patting adam on the back as he went outside.

"mouth mullet." i chuckled to myself.

just then, ellie came to the door and we both ran up, to see derek behind her.

my face scrunched up and i raised my brow, god he was really unattractive.

"hey there kiddos!" derek said.

"oh this is my son adam, and his friend janie. guys, this is derek." said ellie.

"oh we know all about you derek!" i joked, neither he nor ellie looked amused.

"hello derek, you have a wonderful mouth mullet. you must be very proud!" adam said, gaining an even more shocked and angry look from his mother

"yup, it's terrific." i added.

"never really heard it called that before!" derek said, trying to play along.

"well, thanks again!" ellie said awkwardly.

"sure, see you soon!" derek said.

"that's doubtful. i'll try to put in a good word for you though! bye!" adam said as he slammed the door on Mr. Mouth Mullet.

"adam!" i gasped.

"you know you can be a real jerk sometimes adam." ellie said sadly.

"ellie? im sorry, this might not be a great time." i said.

"oh no worries, what is it?" she asked.

"my mom can't get over here, there was a power outage, something about the garage. she was hoping i could stay the night here. if not she can send a cab or something." i said, i felt so awkward inviting myself over like that.

"no worries sweetie. you can stay here whenever. would you like to stay in my room? i'll stay on the couch." she said.

"oh no, thank you so much though. i think staying on the couch would be great for me. it's real comfortable!" i said.

"here, come with me. you can borrow some clothes and i have a spare toothbrush, hairbrush, and all that." ellie said, leading me to her room.

i turned back and awkwardly smiled at the blonde boy as his mother dragged me away. he chuckled, i bet this was odd and funny.

god, what a night tonight has been!

sorry for taking forver to post! also ik this is short. i have ideas for the next chapter! add this to ur library so you'll know when i update since it's not always super fast. thanks for reading! comments are also always appreciated:))))