Chapter 18 | Opposites

Kings Point Of View

Kings Point Of View

Sitting behind the marbled island with Reid as our mother cooked like she did every time we came over was wonderful. When work wasn't the topic. "Yes but you did get the signature, Correct?" She argued as she began cutting the vegetables as if it was someone's head.

"Yes I did." Reid screamed back at her. She was ready to go off, my eyes watched as her cutting became faster. I stood up from my seat and went behind the counter taking the knife from her hand. "Go sit down mom, I got it." She hesitated but soon enough dropped the knife and sat where I was.

"He got the girl to sign the papers, yes but he used the wrong contract." I mumbled knowing this was going to flip. "The contract dad handed her was the one from three years ago, she was still a child." She drunk the rest of the wine that filled her glass before turning to Reid. "Who printed the papers?" He looked over at me to bail him out like I would but I didn't want to get through her right now.

"I did, but I never realized it was the old one." She rolled her eyes and turned on the oven behind me just as I finished cutting. "Put this in the oven, Love." She pointed at a dish that was set aside before grabbing the bottle of wine that was already halfway. "If it was the contract from three years ago from when she was 19, that means there's a big loophole that she doesn't even need to know is there for her to get out of this."

"She just has to get married." I said looking over at Reid as I sat on the counter. The front door beeped and she went towards the door as Reid put his hand on his holster. She walked back into the kitchen with a package, irritation written all over her face. "What are you going to do? Shoot the box?" She scoffed loudly. "No ma'am."

"The both of you go get a shirt on and call your father down for dinner." I jumped off the counter and followed Reid as he passed her to head up the stairs. She stopped me though, with a hand on my shoulder not even looking up at me. "Please, find a way to tie this shit down with your brother."

"Yes ma'am." She was the only person I'd listen to and showed me how to respect others no matter how above them I am.

"Andrea!"

My father screamed down to her, As I went up to Reid's room. Our rooms were still the same from when we moved out and got our own places it was almost funny. "So who's getting married to her?" I teased laughing at him as I sat on his bed and he sat in his gaming chair, hit his head back on the seat.

"Bro are you kidding me? I guess I'll just be fucking her for the next three years." I gave him a mean side eye as he laughed. "This is why moms on your ass now. Always thinking with your dick. I don't even know what girls see in your manipulative ass."

"Hey, moms just mad it's not like she's actually going to get married, she doesn't seem like the type" he rolled the chair to his dresser and pulled a shirt out. "So your really going to keep fucking her for three years? I really can't see why anyone would stick by you for that long bro."

He turned his chair to face me with a dirty smile on his face. "That's because you haven't had sex with me, King."

Francesca's point of view

I went home tonight and unlocking my front do to a dark and clean house felt so nice. My hands I held all the CT scans of Micky trying to find out how I was going to work around this tumor to save whatever of his brain is left. I walked through the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle with no lights on.

I turned around to the back heading to the Florida living room where I dropped all my belongings and the Scans besides my keys and phone. Once I went to the stairs I turned on a light the lit up all of the corridors and the staircase it's self. I dropped my hair out of the ponytail it was in and ran my hands through it. My nails massaging my scalp softly.

As I reached my bedroom door I went to put my key in but noticed it was already unlocked. I brushed it off thinking i had just forgotten to lock it and walked in. I dropped my keys on my vanity desk and put my phone in charge, removing the scrubs and closing the curtains.

I went into the bathroom not bothering to turn on the lights due to my headache and just got into the shower. My body was sore and not exactly physically in pain. It was all in my head and it hurt. I didn't want to bury all the feelings but that's the only way I knew how to break down.

So I did as usual and stood underneath the cold water the drops hit my head hard but sliding down my skin softly leaving behind goosebumps all over me. I took a deep breath and wrapped my arms around me as if it was a hug. I don't think I should hug anyone besides myself right now. I might end up breaking scared for dear life.

After a few minutes of taking deep breaths I turned the water hot and took a shower for real with my favorite soap of all time, that smelled like baby breath flowers, my favorite kind of flowers. I rinsed off my body and grabbed my towel patting myself dry before getting out.

I shut my eyes and turned on the bright white lights, giving myself a moment to adjust to the lighting. After being dry I opened my eyes and wrapped my towel in my hair letting the cold air stick to my bare skin. I walked over to the mirror and just as I was going to wipe away the fog, I noticed a pink envelope taped to the mirror.

It was beautiful with the wax seal that had 'A.S.' Molded into it. I ripped it open with a blank expression on my face, completely unfazed and pulled out a piece of paper within. "I finally figured it out. Opposites really do attract." I laughed at the paper walking back into my room and picking up my phone from the charger. I called Beverly and she answered happily.

"Hey Eve? Did you come home while I was at work?" I asked my eyes still on the envelope and paper. "No I was at a brunch date." She said quietly. "With me, she was with me." I heard Ava scream causing me to chuckle. "Well okay, I was just asking."

"By the way Gio wanted to know if your coming tonight." She questioned. "No you guys have fun." After a while of sounding concerned she finally let me off the hook and hung up. I ignored and dropped the papers into the trash in the corner of my room.

"Opposites attract, my ass bitch."