Chapter 33 | Pancake's and Mango's

Kings point of view

Kings point of view

"So where's Reid?" My back faced her as I finished eating the pancakes I had on my plate.  "Annual date with Gabby. The chick was built like Starfire." I said, turning around. She was stretching her hand that looked bruised. "What happened?" She looked up and chuckled at me. "Stupid bar fight?" I wonder what bar. I wiped my hands on my pants and grabbed the bowl. "Want to help?" I asked her, turning the stove back on.

She removed her jacket and walked around the counter to me, taking the bowl out of my hand. She gave me a small smile. I could tell the other day was still on her mind as it was on mine. I was just good enough to hide it. She grabbed what she needed and did what she had to do as I went to the fridge and grabbed two mangos. I  walked to the opposite end of the counter and allowed my back to face her as she poured the batter into the pan.

"Won't Reid get mad were in his house?" She asked quietly. "He won't say anything." I went to turn around and face her but she was doing the same. The bowl she was holding dropped splattering batter all over the floor and us. I fixed my gun which sat on my waistband behind my back and bent over to pick up the bowl. "Sorry I didn't see you." She bent down with papers wiping the floor. "Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault. Come on, the food is done." I said lifting my head to catch her staring. As soon as my eyes met hers she stood back up and pulled down her dress.

I grabbed a towel and wet it before moving to her. Her eyes were still the same soft and big eyes as the first time I saw them. I wiped her face clean and she stayed silent.

I plated the food and put all the dirty bowls into the sink. I handed her a plate of hot white chocolate pancakes with mangoes on the side. I turned on the lights in the backyard and saw Bear sleep on her bed. I opened the door and whistled to her. She jumped up and ran over to Francesca. "Rude." I whispered as I watched her bend down rubbing her head.

"I didn't know Reid had a dog." I sat down on the chairs outside and placed my gun on the table beside me. "She's mine. I leave her here when I'm going out of town." She came and sat next to me and Bear laid at her feet. I could see her eye the gun and lean away from it. I placed my plate on my lap and picked it up. I leaned to her and showed her as I put it on safety. "What's her name?" As she relaxed in her chair and started to eat. "Bear."

She looked at me and smiled. That smile that haunted me from day one. "You named a Doberman after another animal, and she's a sweet girl." She leaned down and petted her again. "Far from sweet." She rolled her eyes. "Do you want some?" She asked but Bear ignored. "She only speaks German. Essen." I said and Bear immediately ate the slice of mango from her hand. Moments passed with no conversation being made. She was now uncomfortable while I was happy to be in her presence.

"Look about what I said the other day." She started. "Water under the bridge." I said leaving the rest of my food and laying it on the floor for Bear. "Komm, setz dich und iss." I leaned back in my chair and looked out. Reid's back yard wasn't closed like mine and led right into the woods. "King that's not what I mean, though you guys really don't have to ever show up there again." She chuckled. "I mean I remember." I felt my heart skip a beat as I looked over to her.

"You promised I'd see you again. Did you know who I was when you saw me?" Her eyes softened as she waited for an answer. "I had a feeling. That was the first time I'd actually met you and when I got reminded of the contract I felt bad." She sunk in her seat and looked out into the woods. I kept my eyes on her, watching her mood shift. "That day I didn't come in for a reason. I didn't want to see your face and I didn't want you to look at me differently. But I guess it's too late for that."

"I don't look at you or Reid differently and if I do I don't mean too. I blame my mom for most parts, though I would have appreciated a heads up from you both." She crossed her legs and looked down at Bear showing that smile. "I didn't know what to say. If the contract was under me I would have ripped it to shreds but it's Reid's."

"Wouldn't that jeopardize your work? Why'd you do something like that for the girl you accidentally got stuck with?" She looked up at me and I stayed quiet. She doesn't know what I'd give up to touch that pretty skin. I noticed her eyes fall down to my chest. "Do you want to get out of here?" I relaxed my face as a smirk filled my lips. "I don't know, but I'll race you." She looked back up to my eyes and pulled out her keys.

"Put your money where your mouth is." I stood up and she did the same. I slid my gun back into my waistband. "30?" I pulled my keys out of my pocket. "Come on doc, humor me." I said, stepping closer to her. "Hundred grand?" She whispered walking closer and stopped when her chest touched me. She moved her hand down my arm and had me frozen. I dropped my smirk and was star struck. "I'm not mad at you." She reassured me before walking back inside. I called out to Bear and had her follow my every step. I grabbed my shirt off the chair and put it back on as I followed her outside.

We stopped in our tracks and Bear sat next to me feet as Reid looked at me confused and Gabby staring Francesca down. " We were just leaving." I said opening the garage. "Okay but what were you doing with her and with her?" I opened her car door for her and closed her  in. "Hello to you too Reid." She said, waving. I patted Gabby's shoulder and opened the driver's side of my car allowing Bear to get in the back. "Check your kitchen." I said before getting in.

I pulled out of the driveway right after Francesca and we both stopped under a red light. I put my window down and she did the same. She smiled and waved to Bear. I looked up at her as her G-wagon was higher than my Aston martin db11."Meet you at the beach." I said as the lights turned green and immediately hit my gas pedal.

" I said as the lights turned green and immediately hit my gas pedal