Chapter 6: Deadly Seal

"Demon" was scribbled along the walls in blood red. Naruto simply scanned the wall with a blank look, completely unaffected by the scribblings. T"he Sandaime can't protect you forever" and "We'll get you one day" among others were also written on the walls. He walked up the steps and into the shattered doorway of the apartment. More threats were sloppily written across the walls, almost as if the person was drunk. "Guess I shouldn't expect so much from them anymore" Naruto thought idly. As he gazed around the apartment, he felt something akin to shame. "What is this...feeling?"

"You feel guilty, Naruto.""But for what?" "Your manipulation of the one you once called "Jiji"." Naruto narrowed his eyes and shoved the feeling out of his mind "I'm supposed to have changed, I'm supposed to be stronger now, both mentally and physically. I can't let myself feel this way." Naruto shook his head to clear his thoughts and took one last look at the apartment before he turned and left the apartment, shunshin-ing away to a nearby rooftop.

Naruto had never actually been to the Intelligence building before, but now he'd decided to pay a visit. It was the one place Naruto would not even dare to prank during his earlier childish, weaker days. He knew why now, because as he activated his Sharingan and took a look through the building, the outlines of Anbu stood on guard with a couple of prisoners being interrogated as well. He scrutinized the different chakras of each person, and searched for the one he'd fought against. "Bingo." Across the building sat a familiar signature as a couple of people made their way to his cell. "I've gotta be quick about this if I want to find out more about this guy" he thought as he made a Kage Bunshin. He nodded silently to the clone as it henge-d into an ant and made its way into the building. "Hopefully it gets there in time."

Anko had never seen a man like this in her life. She'd seen some interesting Anbu in her life, but no one like this. She'd never seen the kind of mask before, not even on known enemies. It wasn't just the mask that puzzled her though, it was the person too. It seemed to be a young man, likely around 16. She couldn't understand why he'd attacked Naruto of all people, for as far as she knew, he had nothing special about him except for the Kyuubi. She had wanted to talk to him at some point, but when the Uchiha massacre happened, she simply couldn't bring herself to speak to him. He'd seemed so distant, so detached from everyone else since then, and it seemed like he didn't even want to speak with anyone. Anko had heard that even the Sandaime rarely spoke to him nowadays. So she'd decided to simply leave him alone and move on with her life like nothing ever happened. Her mind turned back to their new prisoner that they were to interrogate very soon. She and Ibiki had been on their way to collect him now. Anko still couldn't think of a reason why Ibiki had called in this favor, but she figured it was something important if she'd even been told who the person was. She glanced over at him, still trying to read him, but eventually gave up with a shrug. "Guess I can't read him like I did during the Chunin Exams."

The clone slipped into the sleeve of Anko's coat silently and clung to the top of it, careful to avoid her hand and wrist. It heard the two speak to the strange Anbu the original had fought not too long ago. "Get up, now" a deep voice spoke. The clone heard the man being grabbed by the deep voice and dragged along by Anko and the other man. It couldn't be sure of the voice's owner, but decided the original could figure that out later. Naruto watched the entire ordeal, aware of the fact that an oddly large amount of chakra was concentrated in Anko's sleeve. He watched the clone be carried into what he could only assume to be an interrogation room. Meanwhile, the clone poked its head out very slowly as it heard a heavy door shut. It saw the second person, a man with two long, diagonal scars down his face. He still wasn't sure of his identity, but at least the voice had a face now. All that was left was the name, and he could find out more about this person. Soon, the man spoke again, and the clone slipped back inside the coat and listened intently.

"Who are you? How did you get inside Konoha? What are your motives? Why did you attack Uzumaki Naruto? Who sent you?" asked the man calmly. The strange Anbu responded slowly, clearly struggling to form words "I am no one." The man laughed, before speaking in a threatening tone "then how about this, I'll rip each finger off one by one until you tell me. How does that sound?" "That will not be necessary." replied the Anbu, with a hint of nervousness in his voice. "I am called Terai." "You're called Terai?" "Hai, that is what I am called?" "Well then, "Terai" tell me something." The man paused, before speaking, closer to the Anbu now "What does Danzo want with Naruto?". The newly named "Terai" didn't speak for a moment, before responding blankly "I cannot tell you." "Why is that?" "I am physically unable to do so."

"And why is that?" "You would have to kill me." The interrogator laughed again, and the clone felt Anko shift a bit uneasily. "Open your mouth, 'Terai'." It seemed the Anbu complied, for the other man was silent for a moment. "I figured as much. We'll have to have Inoichi deal with you then." The clone crawled down and out of the sleeve, crawling down onto the floor before slipping under the table and up onto the bottom of it right as Anko left the room with the man. The Anbu sat silent, as a blonde man with a ponytail stepped into the room. "Ibiki, you're going to have to restrain him." The other man, now known as Ibiki, and the assumed Inoichi stood before the table. Ibiki whistled, and a man with black hair tied loosely into a ponytail entered the room and lazily looked at Ibiki. "Yes?" "Hold him for us, will you?" "Do I have to? I was going to relax today." Inoichi groaned "All you Nara do is relax, even Shikaku does." The new man in the room sighed before nodding and holding a handsign "Kage-Kubishibari no Jutsu"(Shadow-Neck Binding Technique). Inoichi held a handsign of his own, closed his eyes, and put his hand forward. The clone couldn't determine where he was putting his hand, but it figured the original would find out somehow. Ibiki seemed to watch intently as the entire process occurred.

Moments later, Inoichi gasped and his eyes snapped open. The man breathed a bit heavily as Naruto heard the Anbu slump against the table. "Inoichi?" "The seal on his tongue, it killed him before I could find out anything." Ibiki replied with a grunt and turned and walked out, the other two following behind. "We'll have to burn the body then. I'll take no chances with this one" he said as the door slammed closed once again.

Not a single person noticed a small puff of smoke slip out from underneath the table.