5

"Sorry, but I'd never even heard of the Kanima until a few days ago." Theo said.

"You want us to read it? That's why you needed me?" Hope looked at the book irritated.

"Well, not yet. I'm still only on chapter one." Scott replied.

"You guys do this a lot, huh?" Theo asked.

"Do what?"

"Get involved."

"Yeah, I guess."

"What about the author? If he knew all about these guys, shouldn't we be talking to him?" Theo asked.

"We thought about that, but it's pretty much a dead end." Scott replied.

Hope took the book and started flipping the pages.

"What about this guy?" She asked pointing at something in the book.

Scott grabbed it.

"For providing scientific perspective and invaluable insight this book is dedicated to Dr. Gabriel Valack." Scott read a loud.

"Do you know him?" Theo asked.

"Yeah. And I know where to find him." Scott replied, "I just need your help."

"Didn't you say I'm not part of your pack anymore? Why would I help?" Hope raised her eyebrows.

"Because you don't want these guys here either."

[...]

They were infront of the Eichen House.

"Hello? Anyone there?" Lydia spoke to the speaker.

No one responded.

"Are you going to be okay in there?" Scott asked looking at Stiles.

"Yeah. Why?" Stiles asked.

"You just seem a little off." Scott replied.

"Yeah, maybe it's because.." Hope started talking but Stiles interrupted her.

"I think we're all a little off."

"Maybe some of us more than others." Scott said.

Hope laughed. They looked at her confused.

"I'm sorry. It's just.. It's kind of ironic, you know. Because my humanity is OFF. So, I'm a little off." She laughed.

Scott and Stiles looked at her annoyed.

Scott started staring at Kira and sighed.

"What?" Hope asked.

"When the other Chimera, Lucas, when he came after us, I heard Kira say something in Japanese." Scott replied.

"Isn't she from Japan?" Hope frowned.

"Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad." Stiles added.

"No. She's not. She doesn't know any Japanese." Scott replied.

"Still not terrible." Stiles said.

"I also think I might have stopped her from killing Lucas." Scott said.

"People are getting killed all the time." Hope said.

"Wasn't he trying to kill you, though?" Stiles asked "I mean that just sounds like self-defense."

"It was more than that. I mean, she nearly took off his head." Scott replied.

"Still not that bad." Hope said.

"And maybe she had no choice. There's gotta be a point where self-defense is justfied. Tracy killed her own father. And Lucas would have killed you." Stiles said.