When Myths Die - Blue's POV

We landed in black void, which was much better than a hundred feet in the air where we would fall, but it was still alarming.

There was nothing nearby, just stars and blackess.

I grabbed on to Gem, my stomach churning. It reminded me too much of Last Life, where Grian had been exposed and we had been captured.

"Everyone, go down," Gem said. "We usually come into a world a long way above the person the crystal is locating."

The eight of us lit rockets and flew down.

"I think this is Hermitcraft," I said to Gem. "The remains of it. It would make sense, if they're still searching the remains."

That seemed to make Gem a little scared, and then I remembered that she hadn't seen it after the moon crash.

"Wait, hold on," FWhip said. We drifted to a stop. "I think I see something."

We followed his gaze.

"I see it too," Joel said, squinting. "What is it?"

Jimmy pulled Norman closer to him. "It looks like a plane."

We headed toward the object.

It was some sort of jet, floating. A warm golden glow came from inside.

"There's someone in there," Katherine realized.

We went to the door on the side and knocked.

A guy in shiny medieval armor appeared in the window. Katherine waved, his eyes widened, and then he held something up - an oxygen tank.

Katherine smiled and shook her head. Then she moved aside to let him see all of us.

"That's Wels!" Gem realized.

Hadn't he been one of the Hermits who they still hadn't found?

Gem approached the door and gestured for Wels to open it.

He did. "How can you - we - breathe?"

Gem shrugged. "I don't know. Hi, Wels."

"You're Gem, right?" Wels said, glancing behind him. "Who's your... company?"

Gem pointed to each of us, introducing us and our relationship to her. "Our world just got destroyed and a demon who we thought was gone came back and, well, long story short, we need help."

"So do I," Wels said bitterly. "Hermitcraft was destroyed, Gem. You won't find help here."

Gem hung her head. "I know," she said. "I was here when it happened. But there are search parties down there, looking for you and a bunch of other missing people."

Wels suddenly gained interest. "Who have you found?"

Gem looked at me. "You know this better than I do."

I thought for a minute. "We have Grian, Mumbo, Impulse, Pearl, Scar, False, Gem of course, Jevin, Xisuma, Joe, Cleo, and Tango but he's unconscious. We've found Ren, Doc, Beef, Iskall, Zedaph, and Hypno in another world. Etho, TFC, Cub, and formerly you were still missing, but you're right here."

"Cub's in here," Wels said. "He and his llama. I nearly ran into them."

"Where is he?" Gem asked.

"Asleep. But you're missing..." Wels counted on his fingers. "Three people. Bdubs, XB, and Keralis."

Gem, FWhip, Jimmy, and I exchanged glances.

"Sorry," Jimmy said quietly. "They're gone."

Wels hung his head. "I guess you can come in," he said. "But try not to wake up Cub."