Chapter 4

In the year 850, over two years after enlistment, the 104th Cadet Corps is undergoing a fitness assessment. The cadets are doing a run with weighted backpacks, but Armin Arlelt is exhausted and is scolded by the commandant, Keith Sadies. Reiner Braun decides to help Armin by picking up his bag. Sadies critiques the overall abilities and teamwork demonstrated by each cadet as they continue the assessment in Titan search and destroy. Shadis had make a list about their skill especially Lucy, Luna and Gray. In three years, they were improve their performance and also their abilities.

Shadis's list :

Reiner Braun - He possesses great mental and physical fortitude. His comrades trust him deeply.

Armin Alert - While he lacks in physical strength, he makes up for with extraordinary academic aptitude.

Annie Leonhard - While her fighting skills are outstanding, she doesn't work well as part of a team. A lone wolf.

Belthodt Hoover - He is highly talented, but he lacks initiative.

Jean Kirstein - His 3D control skills are top class, but his overtly blunt personality causes friction.

Connie Springer - He's skilled at making sharp turns, but his mind is nowhere near sharp enough.

Sasha Braus - Sasha Blouse. She's talented at operating unconventionally, but that mentality makes her unfit for organized activity.

Eren Jaeger - While he lacks any outstanding talents, he improved his grades through outstanding diligence. In addition, he possesses an exceptional sense of purpose.

Mikasa Ackerman - Her performance is exemplary in every subject. She is truly a genius of historically-unprecedented significance.

Gray Fullbuster - His performance is nearly similar with Mikasa but a little low than Mikasa. He was improved a little higher in his grade than Mikasa. Even so, he can't follow Mikasa's speed. But he much better than other cadet and his combat also good. He had never hesitate to attack his opponent.

Luna Fullbuster - Her performance was more better than Mikasa and Gray. But her grade a little lower than Gray and Mikasa. Other than that, she was good in everything. She was much improved than Mikasa and Gray. She was good handle her speed when using her gear. She also good observe her opponent.

Lucy Fullbuster - Her performance was more good than other cadet. She even beat Mikasa, Gray and Luna of everything. She was more intelligent than Armin. Her speed was much faster than anyone. She also never hesitate to strike her opponent and have a faster observe her opponent.

Shadis's list ended

Later, the cadets are practicing hand-to-hand combat as Eren disarms Reiner. Luna was already done defeat her opponent as she decided to see Eren. She know what happened to Eren. As they switch roles, Eren remarks on the uselessness of learning anti-human combat as well as attacking an armed foe bare-handed. A blurry memory of young Eren standing over a man's body with a broom sticking out of it is quickly shown. However, Reiner argues that there are situations where soldiers cannot flee and must prepare for any circumstance. He defines this as the responsibility of soldiers and the justification for teaching cadets diverse subjects such as artillery and hand-to-hand combat.