Chapter 6

Lucy was going to Karness District where Carla, Hanako and Riko live. She was faster running over there to save them. She hope that she arrived quickly to save them. When she arrived there, she saw Carla running away with Hanako and Riko as titan going over them. Lucy was scowl as she quickly flying over it and kill that titan until it fall down died. Carla stop as she saw Lucy. Same as Hanako and Riko who seem happy to see their adopted mother come save them from titans. Carla was sigh in relief as Lucy come over them. "Mom, Hanako-chan, Riko-chan! Are you guys okay?!" Asked Lucy worried. Hanako and Riko were running over Lucy as they hugging her tightly.

"Yeah, Lucy. We're fine. You had come in a right time, Lucy." Said Carla as she felt grateful to Lucy for come save her and her adopted granddaughter. Lucy was sigh in relief that Carla and her adopted daughter safe which she quickly take them to a safe place. As she bring them to the base of Wall Rose, she saw a crowd of people are waiting by the gate as a merchant is unsuccessfully attempting to get his wagon load of goods into the interior. Tempers flare as the people argue that they need to evacuate first and push a Garrison soldier to the forefront to arrest him. However, the merchant threatens the soldier using his clout with the military higher-ups and silences the soldier before saying his goods are worth more than the lives of people or any amount of money they will every make. Lucy take them as she walked over to the merchant make her scowl. Everyone seem notice of her appearance make them give her a way to merchant as they sense her dark aura around her.

"What the heck you doing? Don't you see the titans were around here?! Are you going to let the people die because of your selfish business, huh?! My comrades are dying right now. Because the evacuation is lagging, they're fighting the Titans and dying!" Said Lucy angrily as she glare at the boss. The boss seem doesn't have heart about their safety. "Course they are! It's your duty to offer your lives to protect citizens and their property, is it not?! Don't get full of yourselves just because you freeloaders are finally doing your job after a hundred years!" Said a boss which triggered her as she glared angrily at him make him fear.

Lucy had take out a blade and going over him. Before she do, an abnormal Titan running toward them ignoring the elite soldiers following it. Mikasa quickly overtakes and dispatches it with little effort. Lucy seem doesn't care about it as she walked toward a boss who saw her. He had ordered his two bodyguard to attack her but get defeated by Lucy before she raised her blades give a scary blank look at him. "How can a corpse be speaking? Tell me. You're so selfish bastard and if you think it's natural for people to die for others, I'm sure you'll understand that at times, the sacrifice of a single precious life can save many others. And guess what? You seem want to die, old man." Said Lucy as she going to attack him. A boss quickly scream fearly saying that he will move out which she stop before she step back letting the wagon move out for the people.

The people had running away save their life as a little girl thanks her. Lucy just give a salute to her before she left to see her adopted daughter and Carla. Carla just smile at Lucy while Hanako and Riko were happy to see her. "All right, kids. Everything already done. Mommy have something to do right now. It's better if you two go with grandma Carla, okay. Mommy promise that mommy will come back safely. Mommy will meet you later, okay." Said Lucy softly as she smile at her kids. Hanako was smile as she understand her. Hanako know how hard for Lucy to save humanity. Hanako was feel proud of Lucy. Same as Riko. They're just nodded their head. Carla was giggle at their cuteness.

"Don't worry, Lucy. I will take care of them for you. You can go now. Please protect Eren and save humanity, Lucy." Said Carla gently. Lucy just nodded her head as she send them away to the wall. Lucy then noticed of Mikasa's appearance. "Mikasa, you're here already. Where's Gray?" Asked Lucy as she look that her brother no where. Mikasa was seem glad that Lucy still alive even she worry about her. "Gray had going with Luna to fighting titans like us, Lucy-nee. Well, mind tell me where are you? You seem gone before the captain called other cadets, Lucy-nee." Said Mikasa calmly as she look at Lucy. Lucy was gulped as Mikasa seem figured out of her missing which she can't hiding from her.

"Well, Mikasa. I had leave to save Carla and my adopted daughter. If I'm not there, they will be dead. Please understand, Mikasa." Said Lucy as she make a pitying face to Mikasa. Mikasa just shook her head knowing her very well. "Okay, fine. I won't ask you, Lucy-nee." Said Mikasa before she left to go her team. Lucy had heard that Mikasa told her leader that she left to go other team. Lan had asked what her life that she get through make Lucy sigh. Lucy actually know of her life after Gray save her. Lucy had remembered about a day they meet Grisha Jaeger in years of 844. Grisha had asked her and her siblings as he wondered of them. Lucy was decided to keep a secret and lying to him about they lost their parents.

Grisha seem pity on then and bring them to his house. They were been adopted by Jaeger's family. It was Luna first time meet Eren. Lucy seem notice that Eren blush when he look at Luna. She was hide her smile as she felt that Eren start like Luna. Three days later, Grisha take Luna, Gray and Eren to meet Mikasa Ackerman. Gray was start panic as he know what happen to Mikasa's parents. Lucy had not going with them as she help Carla doing the chores. When they arrived at Mikasa's house, they saw Mikasa's parents died killed make Gray hurt. He had heard of Grisha told them to wait there. When Grisha gone, Gray told Eren and Luna that he going to save Mikasa which they follow him.

Gray, Eren and Luna were arrived at the abandoned house. Luna had lying one man to distracted him from Gray and Eren. Gray had come inside leaving Eren who help Luna fighting that man. Gray come inside and kill him without hesitation. He know that there was another one but he will let Mikasa do it. Gray quickly cutting the rope as Mikasa told him. Then another man come and chocking Gray's neck. Gray had yell at Mikasa give her a courage make Mikasa finally complete control of herself and kills the third man with a stab through the heart from behind. Later, the Military Police look over the crime scene and are stunned at the ferocity and age of the those who had killed the human traffickers.

After that, they got scolded by Grisha for not considered their own safety. Gray then bravely told him that if he not come in a right time, Mikasa will be sold out by them which he want to save her quickly. Mikasa is sad at the loss of her family and asks how to get home as she is cold and has nothing left. As a sign of family, Gray was pull off his red scarf and give to Mikasa. He told her that she will be his family make Mikasa crying. Gray was smile a little before he grab her hand make them going home together. Remember that memories, Mikasa was smile. She was glad that she meet Gray. Gray had give her a reason to live. For Mikasa, Gray was her life. She had devoted herself to protect Gray, Lucy, Luna and Eren until she died.

"I will protect them no matter what. Gray, thank you. Because of you, I have found a reason to live. This world was cruel but there still a beautiful in this cruel world." - Mikasa