Chapter 2

All Hail The Heartbraker

The Autumn sky will then bare witness To a brand new chapter with torn up pages When the planets align, I can feel the gates opening To my courage

Cedric's p.o.v.

He was taunting me; that much I know for certain. All pale skin and silky hair, grey eyes and muscled arms. Sitting only a few feet away from me, a smile gracing his face and his eyes dancing with mirth.

The sound of wooden benches scraping off of the tiled flooring brought me out of my daze, as my team mates lifted my with ease away from the table, pushing me towards the door in preparation for the game.

Slowly, lugging my feet carelessly behind me, I saw him bustle into the changing rooms, play fighting with one of the other males from his house. He turned in time to catch my gaze before passing through the doors, a frown marring his face and pulling down his eyebrows. Biting my lip, I turned away from the blonde haired angel and began talking animatedly, too animatedly, with my house mates, a few of them exchanging worried glances but passing it off as nerves.

When both teams arrived at the pitch, both teams Slytherin and Hufflepuff were greeted by loud cheers. The atmosphere was incredible. The players from both teams made their way to their positions. Looking up, I saw Draco hovering opposite me, his eyes flickering between the other players before settling on my face.

I could feel the obvious blush creeping onto my face and colouring my neck, I turned away, allowing the window to blow my hair across my face, shielding me from his piercing scrutiny.

The snitch was released and myself and Draco, the seekers, were doing our best to try to hunt it out. First possession of the quaffle was for Hufflepuff chasers zigzagged their way through the pitch. The shot was taken and cheers erupted as we scored the first goal of the game.

After quite a while I spotted Draco following something. To my horror Draco was following the snitch, however that was not the thing that bothered me, I had just spotted a bludger heading in the same direction; considering the speed of both the boisterous leather ball and the concentrating youth, they were due to intercept each other's paths in less than a minute, and only one of the would dominate. He could see a glint of gold nearing Draco's hand. Just when Draco was about to catch the snitch, he seemed to notice me tailing him, causing him to stray off his path momentarily; just long enough for me to knock the bludger out of the danger zone. Draco perceived this, raising a hand in thanks before continuing his pursuit.

I stared after him, disbelief written across my face. Almost immediately I noted the snitch heading at high speed towards the ground.

I undertook a steep dive, flying dangerously low to the ground. Draco realized this and dived after me. Draco got there soon , but I was ahead by ¾ of a metre.

The snitch zoomed onwards in every possible direction. My hand touched a part of the snitch, but Draco bumped into me, knocking me away and giving the snitch an opportunity to switch directions.

We had been tailing the snitch for almost an hour when Draco decided to use the same move Victor Krum used against the Irish seeker: Wronkski Feint. He took a steep dive and pulled off in the last second. I narrowly escaped hitting the ground and cheers erupted from the Slytherin crowd. Draco turned to look over his shoulder and raised an eyebrow, questioning why I had surrendered, I simply shrugged and landed, performing an over theatrical bow and salute before walking to the sidelines in time to here the announcement that Draco had caught the snitch.

I risked a glance over my shoulder, only to see Draco's steel gaze pouring into me. Hastily, I exited the pitch, heading towards the changing rooms.

Draco's p.o.v.

𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐄On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara